Heath Ledger is Dead

GoGo Yubari

This is what happens when you spend all day sleeping in the basement...

I feel sorry for his daughter, his family but not him in the least. Messed up thing is that the guy pisses great talent down the shitter and OD's on god knows what kind of drug, but he's going to be immortalized.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what happens when you spend all day sleeping in the basement...

I feel sorry for his daughter, his family but not him in the least. Messed up thing is that the guy pisses great talent down the shitter and OD's on god knows what kind of drug, but he's going to be immortalized.

Actually, if you read some stories yourself, you'd realise that's not the definite case.

From the Sydney Morning Herald website

Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger, 28, has died of a possible drug overdose involving sleeping pills in New York, police have confirmed.

The actor was sick with pneumonia when he died, the TMZ.com website reports, saying it had been contacted by representatives of Ledger's family, who said they'd been told by police that the actor's death was accidental.

There's also still an autopsy to be done, and as far as I know no suicide note was found. If it was premeditated, which it likely would've been if the speculation on suicide is true, he would've left something.

It's an absolute tragedy. The new news is that it was a reaction of his body to the combination of the pills and his case of pneumonia. The brand of sleeping pill (which I can't recall right now) has been the centre of controversy for a long time, and it seems it formed a lethal combination and caused him to have a cardiac arrest.

That's what the Australian papers are saying, anyway.

^^^^^^^ The above post is something which I found truly disgusting and very distasteful... Not your fault Tristof, just that WBC Press Release I meant...

I always liked Heath Ledger... I thought he was a good actor and he was definately on the up... I didn't mind 10 Things I Hate About You however I really enjoyed him in A Knight's Tale, Candy and Lords Of Dogtown...

Can't wait to see his work in TDK and wish his family the very best...

Is that thing real, Tristy? That's just fucking horrible. Why picket the guy's funeral if he's supposedly in Hell anyway? What good's that gonna do? And all because he played a gay cowboy in a movie? So when someone plays Jesus Christ in a movie that's completely different to impersonating the Lord is it?

Grr, anyway. It's a damn shame if it's merely a reaction to sleeping pills and pnemonia. And I'm hoping he didn't get hooked on the pills because of playing the Joker...

...well, I tell you something, they might have just done us all a gigantic favour. If they do go through with this, it's going to get so much media coverage it's unbelievable, but that coverage is going to be part-and-parcel of a shitstorm of unimaginable proportions. As unpleasant as this sounds, it's not just the funeral of some near-anonymous soldier fighting in Iraq they're fucking with, it's a celebrity in the public eye. It might, touching on a lot of wood, be enough to get something significant done against them.

...well, I tell you something, they might have just done us all a gigantic favour. If they do go through with this, it's going to get so much media coverage it's unbelievable, but that coverage is going to be part-and-parcel of a shitstorm of unimaginable proportions. As unpleasant as this sounds, it's not just the funeral of some near-anonymous soldier fighting in Iraq they're fucking with, it's a celebrity in the public eye. It might, touching on a lot of wood, be enough to get something significant done against them.
Edited by Jayzon

Hopefully so. I don't think there's anyone in this world that pisses me off more than WBC. Not Jerry Falwell, he's a nice guy compared to these assholes. Not George W. Bush, the guy is so clueless it's just funny. Not even Tom Cruise, because his scientology bullshit is so scifi it can't be taken seriously. But THESE people, there is absolutely no logical way to defend what they are doing. I would more than gladly shoot every single one of them in the face, and I'm not even a violent person.

Honestly.. knowing American media (I dunno about other nations' media, obviously) it'll get a mention, maybe a five minute piece - tops, and then it's on to the next story.

WBC have always incensed me, and I really wish they would take a look at what they're doing, and realise that they're fucking up in terms of what they're not supposed to be doing. "Judge not, lest ye be judged" is one thing they should really learn.

For fuck's sake this makes me so angry.

Edited by DoubleX

WBC have always incensed me, and I really wish they would take a look at what they're doing, and realise that they're fucking up in terms of what they're not supposed to be doing. "Judge not, lest ye be judged" is one thing they should really learn.

For fuck's sake this makes me so angry.

That's exactly what they want, though. Yeah, it's absolutely terrible, but you just have to be able to admit to yourself that there's terrible people out there who believe with such conviction that what they believe is right, they're going to pull out all the stops. That certainly doesn't justify it or anything of the sort at all, but when I think about groups like WBC I feel sorry more than anything for all the time and potentional wasted on their little vendetta.