The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

The website updated. Two new music stations were revealed, Electrochoc (Electronic/techno dance music) and Liberty City Hardcore (Hardcore Rock). The multiplayer section also opened. All the team based games were revealed, with the Coop games coming soon.

Team Car Jack City: Your team has to steal and deliver a marked car before the other team does. The amount of money you get for the car depends on how damaged it is. Special cars with drugs in the backseat will net you the maximum cash prize.

Turf War: King of the Hill GTA style. The longer you hold a spot, the more money your team gets. The team with the most money wins.

Free Race: There’s only one checkpoint, the finish line. Get to it first however you want.

Cannonball Run: Checkpoint race.

I was just reading about the races and how there'll be ones for boats, cars etc. How awesome would it be if there was like a triathlon race where you drive to the beach in a car, take a boat to a remote island where a helicopter is waiting for the final leg of the journey.

I was just reading about the races and how there'll be ones for boats, cars etc. How awesome would it be if there was like a triathlon race where you drive to the beach in a car, take a boat to a remote island where a helicopter is waiting for the final leg of the journey.

That would be all sorts of epic.

Couldn't you just blow up the other 'copters if you were the first ther and just cruise to the finish and ruin it for everyone.

To be honest I've never really played all that much of the previous 3D GTA's (played the first one to death many years ago though). I never had a PS2 so only first played GTA III in that double pack with Vice City for the Xbox and to be honest it was good, but the graphics had definitely been superceded by that point and the uber-short pop up distance was unbelievably annoying. So I never made it to Vice City and the "urban gangsta" setting and missions in San Andreas did not appeal to me at all. So it's weird I'm really excited for this, maybe because I know I'm getting in on the act the same time as everyone else and not playing it 3 years after.

Anyone got GTA III for the PC? I think it's available over Steam and if the issues with the pop up were sorted and I could hike the detail level up then I might be tempted to get it.

To be honest I've never really played all that much of the previous 3D GTA's (played the first one to death many years ago though). I never had a PS2 so only first played GTA III in that double pack with Vice City for the Xbox and to be honest it was good, but the graphics had definitely been superceded by that point and the uber-short pop up distance was unbelievably annoying. So I never made it to Vice City and the "urban gangsta" setting and missions in San Andreas did not appeal to me at all. So it's weird I'm really excited for this, maybe because I know I'm getting in on the act the same time as everyone else and not playing it 3 years after.

Anyone got GTA III for the PC? I think it's available over Steam and if the issues with the pop up were sorted and I could hike the detail level up then I might be tempted to get it.

I know that a few versions did have Progressive Scan - I assume thats what you're talking about - in, and so fixed a few issues.