The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

Perhaps you just have to wait for some time to pass and then someone will phone you telling you to go somewhere? I know the mission that you're talking about but can't remember what happens after it. All I can suggest is killing time with some side mission stuff and see if anything comes up.

I rooted through my emails and texts to find anything that I may've missed. Nothing. I replied to all my emails that I hadn't done already (yet to check for updates) and have been doing car stealing missions for Brucie.

When I went through my texts, I saw i had one from "Stevie", which basically involves you doing the same that you do with Brucie, except they're text messages instead of emails and aren't missions that are initiated.

Been trying to get my main friends rating up too, did a several races and did all of the missions for Jacob, and still getting nothing.

I'd already conceeded that GTA4 isn't that much fun (at least not compared to Vice City or even San Sandreas) but this is taking the biscuit. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
I rooted through my emails and texts to find anything that I may've missed. Nothing. I replied to all my emails that I hadn't done already (yet to check for updates) and have been doing car stealing missions for Brucie.

When I went through my texts, I saw i had one from "Stevie", which basically involves you doing the same that you do with Brucie, except they're text messages instead of emails and aren't missions that are initiated.

Been trying to get my main friends rating up too, did a several races and did all of the missions for Jacob, and still getting nothing.

I'd already conceeded that GTA4 isn't that much fun (at least not compared to Vice City or even San Sandreas) but this is taking the biscuit. :angry:

If it's the "like" rating you're trying to get up you need to take them out for darts, bowling, pool etc. doing races and package deliveries will only raise the respect. Any luck with getting the game to progress? Oh shit, I think I just remembered what you're to do - are you not supposed to get dressed up in a suit and go see Jimmy in his mansion up the top of the middle island? I'm sure someone tells you to do that, you've maybe just forgotten/overlooked it or something. But try going to the Perseus(?) clothes shop and get an all in one suit combo and nice shoes (has to be proper shoes, just get the most expensive ones) and try going up to see him. I remember having to do that myself, maybe something to try.

Anyway, after doing L&D 100% I had the urge to do the same with the main game. So after god knows how long (about 35+ hours of gameplay) of races, taking Brucie et al out, vigilante missions, most wanteds, random characters, getting cars for Stevie, stunt jumps and bloody pigeons I've finally done it. And it cost me a bomb too as I kept getting busted and having to rebuy weapons and I've spent about $500,000 total on hospital bills :lol: Started with around $500,000 from the end game to now having about $23,000. And I used maps for the cars, jumps, characters and pigeons and it still took me forever!

Edited by Scott McFly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I got this now. I am a bit late. :/

Yo', I was a month and a half later. I fucking love this game, everything about it is more fun than previous GTA's, my only complaint is in the characters, there's plenty of interesting ones, but none of them quite feel as epic as Donald Love, Salvatore Leone, Mike Toreno, OG Loc or Truth.

Got to say the combat system feels much more fun, it's no longer a case of blind firing almost every time when you're trying to do a run at a large group of enemies, the physics system is mad fun, can't tell you how many times I've flown out the window when going too fast trying to dodge everyone and everything inbetween. I would also like to ask - why does everyone ring when I'm in the middle of freaking missions? And...

... fuck Michelle, glad she's no longer a girlfriend, bitch was annoying.

Mommles has PS3 version? I may do tomorrow, not now though, taking a break from the games for Smackdown :)

I'm working until late tomorrow. :(

EDIT: And you'd get the "Let Sleeping Rockstar's Lie" trophy from killing me. Needless to say I fluked getting it. >_>

Edited by Bones MomoCoy

Mommles has PS3 version? I may do tomorrow, not now though, taking a break from the games for Smackdown :)

EDIT: And you'd get the "Let Sleeping Rockstar's Lie" trophy from killing me. Needless to say I fluked getting it. >_>

What's that one? I've not really paid attention to trophies, they were fun in the first week of having the PS3, I don't really care much now - or at least until the game is finished.

What's that one? I've not really paid attention to trophies, they were fun in the first week of having the PS3, I don't really care much now - or at least until the game is finished.

Pretty much just kill a player from Rockstar, or one who's killed a player from Rockstar

SO, even with my three allies attacking me by not bothering to look at the giant name above my player (including Momo), the entire police force after me and a man to protect, I saved Petrovic, I am awesome.

Screw you man. It moves, I shoot it.

Besides, I can only kill you when we're on the same team >_>

24oyr79.jpg

Grand Theft Auto IV's second downloadable episode, The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City delivers two games on one disc - the all-new episode The Ballad of Gay Tony and the first episode, The Lost and Damned - together on disc for the first time - for Xbox 360 for $39.99 and will not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.

http://ca.sys-con.com/node/977122

Edited by abundant

If that two DLC's on one disk comes down here, I will snap that up in a heartbeat, I find MS points to be a hassle and I'm guessing doing it this way would be a cheeper alternative to shelling out for the points.