The Rock's Next Movies

Vendetta

One is completed, one is in pre-production, and the other has been announced.

Get Smart

In the all-new action comedy "Get Smart," Maxwell Smart (Steve Carell) is on a mission to thwart the latest plot for world domination by the evil crime syndicate known as KAOS. When the headquarters of U.S. spy agency Control is attacked and the identities of its agents compromised, the Chief (Alan Arkin) has no choice but to promote his ever-eager analyst Maxwell Smart, who has always dreamt of working in the field alongside stalwart superstar Agent 23 (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson). Smart is partnered instead with the only other agent whose identity has not been compromised: the lovely-but-lethal veteran Agent 99 (Anne Hathaway). As Smart and 99 get closer to unraveling KAOS' master plan and each other they discover that key KAOS operative Siegfried (Terence Stamp) and his sidekick Shtarker (Kenneth Davitian) are scheming to cash in with their network of terror. Given little field experience and even less time, Smart armed with nothing but a few spy-tech gadgets and his unbridled enthusiasm must defeat KAOS if he is to save the day. Inspired by the classic television series, the film also stars Masi Oka (TV's "Heroes") and Nate Torrence (TV's "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip") as Control's crackerjack analysts Bruce and Lloyd; David Koechner ("Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy") as Agent Larabee; and Terry Crews (TV's "Everybody Hates Chris") as Agent 91.

Witch Mountain

A brother and sister, each of whom possess paranormal powers, look to avoid being captured by a group of men who want to exploit them.

Witch Mountain is a remake. Don't know how many of you seen the three movies that were about two young kids. The movies were made in the late 80's early 90s I believe.

Shazam!

A boy is given the ability to become an adult superhero in times of need with a single magic word.

Whilst I really, really hope they don't stick with Shazam as the title, The Rock, if memory serves, has been confirmed as being cast as Black Adam, and that should be absolutely awesome.

Whilst I really, really hope they don't stick with Shazam as the title, The Rock, if memory serves, has been confirmed as being cast as Black Adam, and that should be absolutely awesome.

Agreed, but I don't know if he'll be able to pull off the more sinister moments. Shazam! would likely stay as the title, it's quite a well known phrase and I can't really think of anything else they could call it? "Captain Marvel" I suppose is the closest you could get, but if it's the type of film I'm imagining then I don't think that really describes anything about the film, Shazam! conjures the idea of magic.

Agreed, but I don't know if he'll be able to pull off the more sinister moments. Shazam! would likely stay as the title, it's quite a well known phrase and I can't really think of anything else they could call it? "Captain Marvel" I suppose is the closest you could get, but if it's the type of film I'm imagining then I don't think that really describes anything about the film, Shazam! conjures the idea of magic.

I'm not really all the interested in Witch Mountian to be honest, especially since the young girl who is going to star in this movie with him is basically a no body. I may be more interested in this movie if he wasn't the only star in the movie. On the other hand, I am really interested in the concept of "Shazam!". I hope this movie turns out to be reality. However I think it's time for the Rock to go back to doing what he does best, blow shit up, and beat the hell out of people. Where's the action films?

I'm not really all the interested in Witch Mountian to be honest, especially since the young girl who is going to star in this movie with him is basically a no body. I may be more interested in this movie if he wasn't the only star in the movie.

Why do you need a film to have stars in order to be interested?