The Anime Thread

Ruki

The ending of Black Cat was pretty blah. But then the more I think about it, the more I can understand why it was never really any bigger than it ended up being. Creed was pretty much the blandest bad guy this side of Captain Aizen and there was so little development from anyone that wasn't Eve. Also Rins was like... a main character, but did nothing in the final arc. I feel like either this was supposed to have all happened much further along and that they had wanted to add more arcs before this one (the whole final arc was basically a less incredible version of Flame of Recca's SODOM arc, though to be fair that's probably my favourite manga storyline ever) or that they had planned to have a greater enemy behind Creed but it all got cancelled out. I would have accepted Creed's shitty motivations if he'd been manipulated by someone even worse than him, but it all just kind of came to a lame end.

Ah well. It was a fun manga to re-read and I guess I was expecting a little too much from what was at best just a fun shonen manga. It was really short too. Like, really short. There's only really 3 story arcs if I think about it, the introduction/eve arc, the attack on chronos arc and the sweepers challenge arc. (with the last two being basically two halves of one big arc)

New Brotherhood

Greed. :(

I'm glad it's getting an epilogue. I was afraid that the latest episode was the last episode and I'd be left wondering what the fuck everyone's doing.

Gotta say this is up there with Geass as probably one of my favourite anime ever. Only the second one I've ever liked enough to actively seek out subs for and watch week-by-week.

Double post because I'm so sexy it hurts.

Anyone else actually find they have a favourite manga-writer-artist-person? I was thinking about this earlier today and it dawns of me that I love Nobuyuki Anzai's style. Far and away my favourite of all. Flame of Recca is my all time favourite Manga and Marchen Awakens Romance is pretty awesome too. Eiichiro Oda (One Piece) is a close second and I love Hiromu Arakawa's (FMA) later artwork, but FOR is just the right combination of detail and cartoon for me.

KA-THOUGHTS!

Winry and Ed are adorable. :wub:

I'm no fan of Mustang using the philosopher's stone to regain his sight and give Havoc his legs back. It just seems like.. such a copout.

I have no problem with it. Mustang's morals have always been more shades of grey than the Elrics.

I do have a problem with that pencil moustache he was shown to have grown in the last clips. >_>

Nah, it's just a little lazy as a storytelling device, I agree with that. When I read it in the manga I was disappointed because it really took away from two of the more dramatic moments in the series. Too much "happily ever after" if you ask me, though I loved most everything else in the epilogue (especially who ended up becoming Fuhrer).

Nah, it's just a little lazy as a storytelling device, I agree with that. When I read it in the manga I was disappointed because it really took away from two of the more dramatic moments in the series. Too much "happily ever after" if you ask me, though I loved most everything else in the epilogue (especially who ended up becoming Fuhrer).

Yeah. I mean, dude was blind like, what, two episodes? Maybe? It's this whole big deal that OH NO HE'S LOST HIS SIGHT but whoops nevermind, philosopher's stone lol.

Bah. Well, I'm sorry for liking a happy ending for one of my favourite characters. >_>

Reading through MAR past where I previously managed, man, Anzai really has a thing for kidnapped princesses, doesn't he?

Although in some ways, to simply ignore the restorative potential of the Philosopher's Stone would be a different form of shoddy story-telling. "I'm blind and there's this thing that I could use to get my sight back, but I won't because...I've suddenly become very lackadaisical about such things."

Particularly for Mustang, who is nothing if not driven to overcome.

Whoah whoah whoah hold the phone here... High School of the Dead has a fucking anime now? FUCK. YES.