The Anime Thread

Ruki

The flashback sequence with the violin music accompanying it was just perfect. It's just how the whole show is based around friendship (or NAKAMA~) and Luffy being the good hearted leader, each of them looking out for one another and then suddenly, they take it all away. Powerful stuff for a show that at first glance looks like it's aimed for ages 10 and under.

It's always pretty incredible when they do this in most Shonen Manga, it's rare to see the heroes lose, but this was a complete and utter defeat. The sort of stuff I'd expect from FMA (I don't think the Elrics have ever actually won a fight tongue.gif) but not OP.

OP's played with it a couple times before, too. Crocodile crushed Luffy the first couple times they fought, and then there was Mihawk curbstomping Zoro way back when.

What amazes me is that supposedly after the Whitebeard War, One Piece is supposedly about halfway to completion. It's halfway done. And it started thirteen years ago. Of course, I can't remember where I read that now so I could be overstating it.

Yeah, I noticed that earlier when they explained the whole New World part again. They show a picture of the Grand Line and how the Red Line is half way through it. I have to believe that either the New World will feature much shorter arcs until the finale, or Eiichiro Oda has discovered the key to immortality.

I mean, even Naruto seems to be somewhere near the end (or have a clear ending in mind, I don't really know where else they could go after the Akatsuki Arc) now and that only started roughly 2-3 years after One Piece.

And I totally forgot about the Crocodile stuff, that was one of my favourite Arc's, along with Arlong and the second half of Skypeia.

Well, he is only thirty-five. So barring something awful happening he'd still be done with it before he hit fifty. At the end of the Whitebeard War he basically sets up what could be the biggest clusterfuck ever (and that's a pretty big statement, given that the Whitebeard War tops the Sypiea Survival Game for Biggest One Piece Clusterfuck) for the New World, too.

Awesome, I cannot wait to get that far. I'm currently at the start of the Boa Hancock Arc.

And oh my god, I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did at the discovery of Luffy's man parts ever before. That was brilliant. Spot on One Piece humour, this is exactly what I love about this show. Perfect Drama, Perfect Comedy. No one does it like One Piece does.

The FYE store at the local mall just got a whole lot of new anime in, new and used. Unfortunately, they didn't have what I was looking for (Blade Of The Phantom Master) and I didn't have a whole lot of money left after doing some shopping at the comics store.

I picked up the Infinite Ryvius collector box with the volume 1 dvd and some extras for $2.99. Was marked used, but you can't really tell it (and I have opened it to make sure everything is there). Funnily enough, I looked around and they had some volumes of the series by themselves, all used, including volume #1. It was $9.99 by itself!

ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod crocodile is back! w00t.gif

also, this new One Piece opening is very shitty. Like, I can get behind some of the more HAPPY YAY openings, but this one is a bit too KAWAII~ for my liking.

The FYE store at the local mall just got a whole lot of new anime in, new and used. Unfortunately, they didn't have what I was looking for (Blade Of The Phantom Master) and I didn't have a whole lot of money left after doing some shopping at the comics store.

I picked up the Infinite Ryvius collector box with the volume 1 dvd and some extras for $2.99. Was marked used, but you can't really tell it (and I have opened it to make sure everything is there). Funnily enough, I looked around and they had some volumes of the series by themselves, all used, including volume #1. It was $9.99 by itself!

Infinite Ryvius was a pretty good series, but seemed kinda cheesy at points...plus, they changed some voice actors midway through the series.

Mr. 2 Bon Kurei! crying.gif

EDIT: Bwahahaha. Luffy standing alongside Whitebeard and competing for the role of Pirate King is glorious. I've caught up on the Manga now, really good stuff. I hope this Luffy flashback wraps up soon though, I miss the Straw Hat Crew.

Double post (I seem to do that a lot in this thread), but is anyone reading/watching Bleach? I've realised that when I stopped following it, it was midway through the Hueco Mundo Arc, but I can't for the life of me remember how far into it I was. I've been reading up on plot points, but I think I was around the time that Kenpachi wipes the fucking floor with one of the Arracnar (sp?).

So, I aim the question: Is it worth me going through all of the Hueco Mundo Arc again (I don't think I ever watched it in the anime, just read it.) and is it much further along from the point I remember? I know GoGo said it was a massive clusterfuck at this point (or something to that effect), but I'm running out of anime/manga to catch up on at this point. Any filler I should look out for as well?

EDIT: Wow. When did Bleach Anime become so impossible to find on mIRC? I can't find a single channel with any bots for it.

EDIT #2: Okay, I can't even figure out where the hell the Anime is. It looks like they've taken about a years worth of filler and are barely past where I was when I stopped following the manga.

Ahhh! Impatience! Episode 62's sub still isn't out on Eclipse.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was saddened by that. Luckily I've got about 4 years of experience with this from Anime and after a while you learn to just be grateful for the eventual release. >_>

...Especially when some shows have just ceased to exist on irc. Seriously, I thought Bleach was popular, why can't I find a single channel with the subbed episodes? sad.gif

Currently in the process of organising an Evangelion marathon viewing (26 eps + EoE movie) next week. It's going to include three of us who haven't watched it in a few years, one person who's only watched bits and pieces, and one person who's only seen the first two episodes.

It's going to be awesome.

• Like 1

Someone suggest me and new Anime or Manga to get into. Something fun with comedy, but also some action. I'm thinking along the lines of your typical Naruto/Bleach/One Piece style. I'm considering Marchen Awakens Romance but seeing as I've already watched like half of that, I fear I might lose interest. Same goes for D.Gray Man, though I'm not sure how far into that I got.

Did Hunter X Hunter ever get good again?

So, It's good to see that Gantz still holds the crown of biggest clusterfuck ever.

Going to go through Black Cat and then Berserk after this. Though, I'm not so sure on Berserk, as it's some 40 volumes long and has literally been around as long as I have. Not to mention I remember it being really long winded at times. Like, entire volumes of just one scene in pictures or far too much trivial bullshit.