The Anime Thread

Ruki

So much anime on my plate right now(FMA, Bebop, Geass, plus trying to catch up with my friend who is all the way caught up with Naruto when I'm only on episode 17 of the first part), so hopefully by the end of this summer I'll have at least one of them finished.

Where does everyone get their anime? When I move out I'm going to go unlimited on broadband and get hold of about a billion and one things that don't air and I can't get on DVD, and I'm going to get all the Kirby episodes I lost back :angry:

mIRC and fansubber's channels are my preference. Quick and easy once you've set up the XDCC stuff.

And GoGo, how far off the Manga is the Anime?

• Like 1

In terms of how much is left to happen? Judging from that comment about what's happening in Brotherhood right now, not too much. Enough to do another month of episodes, for sure.

Any idea on what group get's it subbed quickest and what day it usually comes out on? I've been using Eclipse subs, which are quite good. Go as far as Episode 60 and I'm on 54 right now.

I've also decided after watching all of FMA Brotherhood that I'll get caught up on One Piece Anime instead of Manga, is Arlong Park still the best for OP Anime or should I look elsewhere?

Reading the final chapter now... I've got chills.

Anyone else get Flame of Recca flashbacks? Which is in no way a bad thing if you ask me.

EDIT: Finished it. Amazing ending. wub.gif Can't wait to watch it in the Anime, I hope they do a little more on what happened when it's all set and done. Specifically Ed & Winry and what happened with the Military etc.

I think Eclipse was the group I got Geass subs from when Geass was still on the air, and they'd usually have them out Sunday evening (keeping in mind that Geass aired in Japan around, like, noon my time or so).

That's awesome, I can keep with the group I've been using thus far then. Can't wait to see the finale animated.

Started watching One Piece tonight, I haven't watched the Anime since shortly before Sky Peia Arc (Though I've read up to some time between Whitebeard War and Sabaody Archipelago in the Manga). I'm not sure I'm too hot on the change in animation style, everything feels less... cartoony, which was part of One Piece's charm. Luffy looks slightly less rubber-y.

And holy shit, is this a remix of the original opening theme? Awesome.

Also, has anyone kept up to date with the Hellsing OVA? How far along are they? I know the Manga recently finished (or, like, two years ago at least. >_>), is it worth watching it yet? I don't really want to start unless they're almost done, as I seem to recall they only release an episode every like... 5 months.

FMA: Brotherhood

How much of a badass is Wrath? Even after getting practically obliterated by Scar, before he dies he catches his broken sword in his mouth and runs him through. Also Ed turning himself into a philosopher's stone to get inside Pride was awesome, as was Kimblee taunting Pride.

Only 3 more episodes left, should be good.

Also someone reccommend me something to watch, keeping in mind that I like shit like Brotherhood, Code Geass, etc. as well as the occasional comedic shows (Azumanga Daioh, School Rumble, shit like that).

Brotherhood:

Not going to lie, a tear almost leaked when I saw Winry on the floor.

DAMN YOU LITTLE ONE IN THE FLASK. crying.gif

Still though, you gotta love Scar and Wrath. And Van Hoenheim. Dude is awesome.

Man. Just when I think One Piece has lost the charm I loved, I finally get past the IRON MASK DUVAL arc (which went on far too long, two episodes would have sufficed for it.) and it's just awesome.

Have there been any new popular Shonen Manga/Anime in the vein of Naruto, OP, Bleach or FMA that I've missed out on? I remember trying D.Gray Man for a while but I wasn't so hot on it.

Question... One Piece, I know there's two main pieces of filler in store for me at the moment (The Edo Japan Alternate Reality and the Golden Lion Shiki Movie Specials, I think), I'm wondering... are the episodes detailing with what happened to the other Straw Hats filler as well? I'm talking mostly about the latest episodes, 453 to present?

Yeah, they're filler. By all accounts good filler (the ones explaining where they went post-Shabaody were sort of a mix of mediocre and really good), but still.

I totally forgot about Duval. Yeah, that stuff serves its purpose for the main plot but it's not much beyond amusing.

Odd. You'd think they wouldn't do filler about that as it might get explained in the Manga. Speaking off, how much further ahead is the Manga? I've had a look and I can't really find very useful information, but from what I gather the Anime has taken something of a break during the Whitebeard War Arc and the Manga is either still in that Arc or just about finishing it? Have the Straw Hat's reunited yet in the Manga? I love Luffy, but I'd prefer a full cast.

I'll probably start on Bleach once I've finished One Piece, which I'm hoping will be this week. Though, I think I'll try and keep up with OP and FMA from now on. (Though, FMA has all of about 3 episodes left.) Did they release any news on when the Anime might get back on track? I know there's a break coming up soon during the filler as well.

Oda's been doing one of his things where he uses the chapter title page of each chapter to give little updates on what the Straw Hats have been doing/where they are, so the anime is really just going off of and expanding on that. Whitebeard War has finished, currently there's a Luffy flashback arc going on but that should probably be coming to a close within the next week or two. And the anime hasn't started on the Whitebeard War yet; they're doing the Straw Hat fillers to buy a little time before they start on that.

Straw Hats are still not back together, which makes sense because, well, why would any of them have been heading to Marineford?

Like I say, I'm not that far yet (when I stopped following the Manga, I think it was just after the Hankcock Arc.) I just wanted to know how far things were, which, cheers for the info. smile.gif

And going through it again, it's even more horrible to watch the devastation of the Straw Hats by Kuma. sad.gif It's even worse than when it was in the Manga.

That entire series of episodes, with the Straw Hats and much of the Eleven Supernovas getting wrecked by Kuma, Kizaru, and the Pacifistas is just so great.