The Anime Thread

Ruki

... it's the manga, but animated.

Holy shit I'm finally going to get to watch a good zombie anime. I love High School of the Dead, I'm so glad they're picking the manga back up, and to see it all put to form like this... fuuuuuuck am I going to have a new obsession now. The fanservice is blatant and is just as gratuitous as in the manga (though considering how gratuitous the manga got, I doubt the anime will ever go that far), so honestly I can look past that as they're just sticking to a set formula. No, see, what matters to me is how they handle the story and characters, and so far seeing it all come to life is just fucking brilliant.

Just watched the first episode, and yeah, it's awesome. I sincerely cannot wait for this to continue, because I have been waiting for a zombie anime to come out and now my hope have been realized.

Why must all Anime be released in mkv format? sad.gif It means If I want to watch it on my PS3, I need to convert it, which always fucks up the subtitles...

Also, thank you guys. Literally two minutes into High School of the Dead and I already think I love it. blush.gif

... just search it up on Youtube, Ruki. It's completely too easy to find :P

Also the manga is over ten chapters in, you've got a lot of reading to do but it is so damn worth it.

EDIT: Just caught up on the manga, it's on Chapter 26. And it is still so pimp.

Is Highschool of the Dead gonna be the next anime we all watch together and talk about? :o

Seriously, this makes me happy. Probably the next best thing to a Battle Royale anime that they could have done ^_^

So, he runs into the class room, says that there was a murder and....no reaction? No panic? Only those three leave.....

Although I can get behind the 'A fight has broken out. Please evacuate.' Don't wanna create panic!

Heisashi (is that his name?) was bit....but takes awhile, ok....but the teachers at the beginning died and revived like...instantly. Consistency!

Finally, a zombie movie/show that says the word zombie

Over all? I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next episode.

oh no do not watch anime on youtube especially something like high school of the dead. quality needs to be watched in quality. there was a few differences in the manga but not too major. the manga is at chapter 25, and has been on hiatus but is supposed to be finishing up soon with the anime going. the anime really needs 24-25 episodes though, I don't see how they can fit in all into 12 and have a satisfying finish. they aren't ever really referred to as zombies, they just call them .... "them". either way I'd check out the manga before or wait and do it after as you get to notice some of the subtle differences. I'm pretty excited for HSOTD either way. the other characters that get introduced next episode(s) are awesome.

Is Highschool of the Dead gonna be the next anime we all watch together and talk about? :o

Seriously, this makes me happy. Probably the next best thing to a Battle Royale anime that they could have done ^_^

So, he runs into the class room, says that there was a murder and....no reaction? No panic? Only those three leave.....

Although I can get behind the 'A fight has broken out. Please evacuate.' Don't wanna create panic!

Heisashi (is that his name?) was bit....but takes awhile, ok....but the teachers at the beginning died and revived like...instantly. Consistency!

Finally, a zombie movie/show that says the word zombie

Over all? I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next episode.

- He said it in a low voice. People could tell something was up, but he didn't want to create a panic so he told the person he knew wouldn't panic what happened, as well as the girl he loves. Wanted to get them out n'all that.

- Yeah, that went well until the guy got devoured on the school's PA System.

- It's established that it takes a shorter amount of time if the person isn't actively fighting against it, really. Teacher was bit, no idea what was going on, doesn't try and wrap the wound quick enough and next thing you know he's dead. Heisashi gets bit, holds out mentally because he has something to fight for, they wrap the wound, etc... he holds out longer than most.

- They make a habit in the manga of reminding you that the characters don't want to really give the zombies a 'name', so they always just refer to them as 'them'. Pretty much just like mystikz said :P

- I sincerely hope this anime goes for longer than 24-25 episodes. Not by much, but still longer than that. 24-25 is the magic number usually, but I could see HSotD having enough content to it to justify an even 30 run. They need space to run with and so far they're doing well. That being said though... did they say they were keeping it to 11-12 episodes? Because if so then damn that sucks, I wanted something with longevity to it :(

I read the Manga, and while it was a fun read, I don't think it's quite that good as a Manga. The fight scenes are a bit all over the place and there's a lot of boring bits. I'm all for dialogue, but I was having trouble keeping my eyes open when Takagi was doing that whole big speech to her dad and the people around them. And wow that's a lot of fan service. It's one zombie rape scene away from being some kind of hentai.

tongue.gif

But yeah, if it's only going 12 episodes then that's a damn shame, especially since it's only half an hour per episode. But then, I suppose we should just be happy it's getting released this quickly, the Hellsing OVA is releasing like one episode every year...

So I should be able to find episode 2? Wonderful.

Episode 2 thoughts!

Fuck the super smart chick with pink hair, she sucks. The fatguy she is running around with? He's ok...nothing great.

The doctor chick, she was annoying. I want her dead now :angry: But I do love the kendo girl.

But yeah....REALLY want smart girl to die

I'm not really annoyed by any of the characters so far, I thought it was rather hilarious how they made the "extremities" of the nurse ditzy just like she is. Obviously kendo girl is all sorts of badass. Although I'm not annoyed by genius girl, the way she talks about her mom, hoping that it's kind of a dream means she'll most likely die sooner than later >>

Also, another opening theme I want to download.

Sorry to disappoint guys, but the smart girl is just going to get more and more annoying from this point onwards...

Is she going to be one of those characters who fucks them over just when they think their safe?(Trying to find her mom, yelling loudly, etc?) Or just whiny and bitchy like I get sometimes

:shifty:

Meh, smart chick has her uses but for the most part she's just supposed to be the one who's easily annoyed by everyone else's bullshit, but because of this she rants often and breaks things down too much.

Like I said, she has her uses. Also, fat guy is my favorite character from the manga, he develops more than even the main character part way through, so I think he's gonna grow on you guys pretty fast. That's how it happened for me anyway :P