The Anime Thread

Ruki

You said "kill him by sheer length", I was making a joke.

It was a joke. :(

Actually, in retrospect, it's quite brilliant, since they make the size of Ippo's manhood quite obvious :shifty:

It's sad when you know most of the shows, too.

Anyway, I'm giving Tsukihime a shot; it's only 12 episodes. This is the predecessor to Fate/Stay Night, and introduces certain concepts that lay the foundation, like the Holy Church, Magecraft, etc. Unlike Fate, this isn't about a super battle, but a set hero going against a villain. If Fate was the author's idea of magic, then this is the author's idea of vampires.

Incidentally, Carnival Phantasm was awesome. All the little sketches they did involving Fate was awesome (Caster vs Berserker in a tennis match, The 5th Holy Grail War Grand Prix, amongst others). If you liked Fate/Stay Night and want some good laughs, then this is for you.

:angry:

KONATA VI BRITANNIA COMMANDS YOU:

konajf.jpg

LOVE LUCKY STAR.

In other news, Tsukihime is uh...above average, I'd say? It's only twelve episodes, which is kind of amazing considering the VN had more routes then Fate/Stay Night. Though, I guess comparing the two, this is more about the human element. There is no super battle, no major goal, just a seemingly ordinary guy that gets sucked into some major shit. Don't expect too many references to Fate (The only things being the presence of a priest from the Holy Church that is nothing like Kotomine, and one mage that isn't even that central of a character). It's uh, skippable.

I do hate to be a hipster here, but a lot of people don't get it and thus don't like it.

The it basically being the overload of references.

It's okay, damshow.

shunw.png

I guess we'll just have to enjoy said overload of references ourselves.

I didn't get to watch anything lastn ight and I don't suppose I will again tonight. :(

That means I'll leave with Dragon Ball Z on episode 14 of season 1, and not really anything has happened. And Mobile Suit Gundam I have made to episode 16 of 43. I'll finish them both up when I get back off my holiday. When I'm done with Mobile Suit Gundam I'll probably work through some other of the Gundam franchise that I really need to watch such as SEED, Zeta and Unicorn etc.

I'm also going to miss the next episode of Sword Art Online, which upsets me greatly. Hope it's a good episode for me to come back to. :)

Boo to the new opening of Accel World. The old one had such a cool old-school feel.

And it is rife with characters we have not seen!

Accel World 14:

Well, Nomi's a smug little bastard, ain't he?

I liked the ambiguity of the first one. We saw the green healer chick but it didn't go out of the way to beat us on the head with her identity.

Maybe spoilers (?)

I also really hate being beaten over the head with the fact that bowl-cut kid is the big bad, both in the opening and the series itself. Bleh.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules