The Anime Thread

Ruki

So ended up watching videos of Ariel Helwani interviewing Rampage instead, then watched One Tree Hill. Now I'm bored again.

I hate dubbing, but I'm fine with subtitles. The only animes I've watched were Slam Dunk, Ranma 1/2, Rave and Chef Master Boy (?), so something like that, I guess.

I second the motion that you should watch Steins;Gate, it's slice of life-y, if you're Mad Scientist Hyouuun Kyouuuuma perhaps.

Also regarding Chaos;Head anime, is it worth watching on it's merits alone? Or is it just a case of that it was done before Steins;Gate so it's worth a watch? Everything I've seen about it says it starts well enough but goes a bit off kilter as it goes on - so may give it a watch but I have other things ahead of it for now, since it doesn't seem urgent or anything too fantastic.

I second the motion that you should watch Steins;Gate, it's slice of life-y, if you're Mad Scientist Hyouuun Kyouuuuma perhaps.

Also regarding Chaos;Head anime, is it worth watching on it's merits alone? Or is it just a case of that it was done before Steins;Gate so it's worth a watch? Everything I've seen about it says it starts well enough but goes a bit off kilter as it goes on - so may give it a watch but I have other things ahead of it for now, since it doesn't seem urgent or anything too fantastic.

It does, but it's only twelve episodes, and I enjoyed it. There's certainly worse.

Holy shit, how could I have missed this?!

CARNIVAL PHANTASM: Based on the official Type-Moon gag manga Take Moon by Eri Takenashi, Carnival Phantasm takes the casts of Tsukihime and Fate/stay night and places them in a series of wacky situations, such as the Fifth Grail War being reduced to a game show.

It's quite simple; I suggested you watch either The Daily Lives of High School Boys and/or Steins;Gate, Ruki suggested Gurren Lagaan. I was excited over a cameo from Fate/Stay Night as well as a gag show involving characters from Fate, while people wondered if Chaos;Head was worth watching. :shifty:

Carnival Phantasm is amazing. Illya sends Berserker out to buy batteries...he inadvertently wins the Holy Grail War. And gets the wrong kind of batteries :shifty: