The Anime Thread

Ruki

Accel World...a decent episode I think.

Sword Art Online? Really good. I think I'm hooked :shifty:

Although, I do hope there are some PvP elements.

LIVE TO WIN

Okay, just watched ep 1 of SAO.

This has the potential to be very entertaining. I'm a little apprehensive that the series might end up dragging at a certain point, while it's a very interesting concept I'm worried it doesn't leave itself enough flexibility. Time will tell. I read it's slated for 25 episodes, so at the least it shouldn't have repetition in many episodes.

Also, while they're sitting in their NerveGear I have to wonder how they're getting nutrition, using the toilet, and other necessities. Are they so fully integrated that their outside body is like in a stasis or something? I suspend my belief for these things, but that's something that I would like explained.

This has the potential to be very entertaining. I'm a little apprehensive that the series might end up dragging at a certain point, while it's a very interesting concept I'm worried it doesn't leave itself enough flexibility. Time will tell. I read it's slated for 25 episodes, so at the least it shouldn't have repetition in many episodes.

Also, while they're sitting in their NerveGear I have to wonder how they're getting nutrition, using the toilet, and other necessities. Are they so fully integrated that their outside body is like in a stasis or something? I suspend my belief for these things, but that's something that I would like explained.

I wonder about that myself, so I have three theories:

1) The passage of time is greatly slowed while people are in the game, like in Accel World when they use the Burst Link.

2) The Big Bad dispatched people to the various subscribers to hook them up with IVs and Catheters.

3) IT's a TV Show :shifty:

Oh, and I give to the thread: ANIME OF AUTUMN 2012!

iWb5JkNSpPlxp.jpg

So far, I'm sold for Robotics;Notes, Busuo Shinki, Code:Breaker, Bakuman, Girl und Panzer (Fucking Tank Fu!), and To Love-Ru Darkness.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo could be entertaining, Zetsuen no Tempest might be fun, Ixion Saga DT sounds a bit like Accel World and SAO so I might be having burnout on that concept by the time the anime comes out, Girls und Panzer is a concept I've seen in quite a few anime before but I might give that a look, Robotics;Notes will get watched after I eventually watch Steins;Gate, I might give Busuo Shinki a look, but CODE:BREAKER at this point is top of my list on fall series I'm anticipating. Either way it looks much better than the summer season, but in my experience the summer season has regularly been the weakest.

Oh and I think option 3 is most likely. But you can't expect someone on what amounts to a wrestling fanfiction board not to have criticism for something like that haha.

I was wondering that too. the one guy, the noobish dude was complaining about being hungry. So he's not going to last too long. Plus, I think there is a thing with their battery life they have to worry about. But when they escape? Gonna have to throw away their pants

:shifty:

So...does EVERYONE have to beat it? Or just one person?

Okay let's do this.

Accel World E13

So I was wrong, Green King didn't turn up - it was Chiyu's character and she's a much coveted healer. Nomi also comes in as the next antagonist it seems, defeating Taku by using brain burst but he doesn't seem to be a Burst Linker, so it may be that he is recruited for the team at some stage. Not much going on in this episode but it's setting things up.

Sword Art Online E1

With me yet to watch Tari Tari and unsure if it's to my taste, and Muv-Luv in danger of being canned for overdoing the fan service it's nice that I have at least one show that seems like it will hold my interest from the summer season. Hopefully it doesn't draw comparisons to Accel World, while the idea of an alternate world isn't really anything new, the programs running alongside one another doesn't really do much favour if one starts to seem better than the other. We got the basic premise of the show and met the main character and what you'd assume to be the 'comic relief guy who pulls through at some stage' character, we obviously await more of the team - no doubt a cute girl in some form. My main gripe with the show - and I hope it's addressed - is why the creator has done this, his explanation seemed very much like "I've done this because I can", which is fair enough but doesn't really serve you with much emotion one way or another.

And I also finished Death Note. I was hooked, watching episode after episode, I need more. I got a bit confused when Melo turned up with a missile to be honest but for the most part I just desperately wanted to see episode after episode. Matsuda came good as well, well done him. I honestly thought the majority of people in that stand off were going to die, and I didn't even see them killing off L. I knew Light died from the outset but I knew nothing about L's death and M & N's appearances. Obviously understand why it gets the recognition it does, so I'm just glad to add it to my done list now.

The rest of the week will be watching Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 and Dragon Ball Z to get as far through them two as possible before I go on holiday. I imagine no matter how much I watch DBZ it will largely be the same - Goku will run on snake road and Gohan will cry a bit.

For the Autumn Season, well this looks better, Spring and Autumn seem to be the best shouts for me in terms of seasons so I'm looking forward to this. Obviously I've mentioend CODE:BREAKER already and I'm absolutely psyched for that coming out and it seems everyone in the anime community is too, so that'll hopefully be a good series. Also as I absolutely loved Steins;Gate, and it essentially got me properly into anime several months ago when I started watching it nearly a year ago now - so hopefully Robotics;Notes is as good as that. Admittedly I've not watched Chaos;Head but they aren't required viewing, so it can wait. If R;N is nearly as good as S;G then it can only be awesome.

Damshow you really, really need to watch S;G, asap. :)

So, next year we're getting another Fate series. Fate/keleid liner Prisma Illya.

Basically, it's some kind of alternate Fate universe, where Illya lives with her two (non-magical, ie real) servants, Leysritt and Sella, as well as Shirou, Kiritsugu and Iri aren't dead for some reason, and Illya becomes a magical girl.

Yeah, I'm not exactly full of enthusiasm about this.

Couldn't we get like, Fate/Hollow Artaxia or Fate/Prototype? Or even some original bit about the Third Holy Grail War, where there's two Sabers (one good, one evil, both summoned by twins, I'm not sure if it's THAT Saber and the Einzbern family cheats and brings out Avenger?

Oh well.

So, next year we're getting another Fate series. Fate/keleid liner Prisma Illya.

Basically, it's some kind of alternate Fate universe, where Illya lives with her two (non-magical, ie real) servants, Leysritt and Sella, as well as Shirou, Kiritsugu and Iri aren't dead for some reason, and Illya becomes a magical girl.

Couldn't we get like, Fate/Hollow Artaxia or Fate/Prototype? Or even some original bit about the Third Holy Grail War, where there's two Sabers (one good, one evil, both summoned by twins, I'm not sure if it's THAT Saber and the Einzbern family cheats and brings out Avenger?

Oh well.

Pass.

Oh well.

Pass.

Yeah, BUT...

It's the whole method on how Illya becomes a magical girl. This is where it incorporates some of the stuff from Fate/Hollow Artaxia. An associate of the Mage's Association and confidant of Rin, a dude named Zelerecth (I think) created an item called the Kaleidostick. The Kaleidostick is an item of great power, only it hates it's owner and/or user. Thus, Rin gets turned into:

4eedc118a3ad67eba495eb52a2b546751228654765_full.jpg

Magical Girl Kaleido Ruby. :shifty:

And now Illya gets the stick.

Anyway, downloading the Chaos;Head visual novel, probably follow it up with Steins;Gate.

Meh, I'll watch it, if only for the intrigue. I get a bit confused by all these different worlds, but as long as the story is explained and the animation is good then I'll watch it and judge it on those standalone merits.

Got to about episode 10 of Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 last night, probably not going to get this finished before I go on holiday unless I drop Dragon Ball Z until after I get back, which is possible, but there's still no guarantee I'll get Gundam all watched either. Char revealing his evil tendancies moreso than ever, but that was about it. Amuro seems to go from determined fighter to grumpy loner episode to episode I'm wondering if these are even in order sometimes.

Didn't get anything new watched, got Gundam AGE, Space Brothers and Muv-Luv Episode 2 to watch, I'm going to stick with Muv-Luv for a while as it transpires the first two episodes are a prologue to the main story, so it'd be unfair not to give it a chance with the real story at least.

On the book front I've just started two books about Barcelona and the A Clash of Kings follow up to Game of Thrones, so heavens knows how I'm going to juggle all these books, anime and everything else and actually get anything completed - but I'm sure I'll find a way and persevere. I best anyways as I'm going to buy some manga when I get back off holiday I think. :)