The Anime Thread

Ruki

Not to mention that even with age, it's still kind of fucked up that Bulma basically got him a few hookers just to get him out of her hair :shifty: . 

Goku had to bring him a woman to earn his training.

I think they made a wise choice in Super by...

Spoiler

Having him overcome that part of his nature in his training for the ToP. He can still be an old perv that drools over exercise tapes but he's not so driven by it that he molests someone any time there are titties around.

• Like 1

Ero Manga Sensei is weird. The romantic feelings for the main character's sister come out of no where. Someone jokingly says it then it's suddenly a thing. It's also very clearly just thrown in to market to fetishists. It could be just the story of a brother trying to get his perverted hikikomori sister to come out of her room with practically no change. She doesn't have to be part of the harem for the story to play out. 

Edit: Holy shit the anime is so much more lewd than than the manga. I'm 27 chapters into the manga and there's not a single panty shot of the sister. The anime just blasts you with it. I wish someone else wrote this and someone else did the anime adaptation.

On 04/04/2018 at 12:09, Lars Kuyt said:

Any news on the release date of Season 3 of Attack on Titan? DAMN, just watched episode 7 of season 2 and it's getting better and better.

I don't think there's a specific date yet, just that it's supposed to be in July.

Speaking of AoT, last Friday I went with a friend (who likes anime, but isn't that big of a fan) to a mall, and we stopped by a store that has manga. I picked up the first volume of AoT and told him the show was great. I talked a bit to him about the story and showed him the intro, and he said he was gonna check it out. Long story short, he saw the entire first season during the weekend, finished the second season yesterday, is now considering buying the manga, and is telling me to wake him up when June ends (since the third season is supposed to start in July and all that), all the while cursing me for introducing him to the show.

So, mission accomplished (H)

Now I'm going to get him started on My Hero Academia.

• Like 2

So...remember how Dragon Ball Super showed a few similarities between Universes 6 and 7 (Goku/Caulifa, Cabba/Vegeta-and/or-Tarble, Frost/Frieza) ? 

Found this on the Dragon Ball wiki on their tertiary characters. I five you, FIGHTER 40!

latest?cb=20100128094840

Remind you of anyone? 

latest?cb=20171229210034

I know it's more than likely a coincidence, but still, nice little find I think :shifty: 

Toriyama just likes animal-people I'd say.  I do find it funny how drastically different the wolf-dude from Super is from a pure Toriyama character design that doesn't have to live up to Greek god looking figures.

The second episode of MHA's 3rd season was great! I was a bit disappointed by the first one as I'd hoped it started the story immediately instead of doing a recap, but this one was everything I'd hoped for (well, Mineta was still as annoying as ever, but I can live with that). Also, in anticipation of this season, I got this (spoiler'd for size):

so5y4j.jpg

I already had volumes 1 and 2, so I ordered up to volume 11 (except for the sixth one, the store didn't have it) so I have up to what I expect is the ending of the third season.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat
  • Like 1

Going to read the Attack on Titan manga online somewhere, just can't wait to know more about the story.

On 15-4-2018 at 16:10, Johnny Latino Heat said:

The second episode of MHA's 3rd season was great! I was a bit disappointed by the first one as I'd hoped it started the story immediately instead of doing a recap, but this one was everything I'd hoped for (well, Mineta was still as annoying as ever, but I can live with that). Also, in anticipation of this season, I got this (spoiler'd for size):

Reveal hidden contents

Those volumes look great!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lars Kuyt said:

Going to read the Attack on Titan manga online somewhere, just can't wait to know more about the story.

Those volumes look great!

Thanks! I don't usually buy manga, but some series I just have to have. So far, the only ones I had (or was collecting) were Death Note (the all-in-one edition) and the original Dragon Ball (the 3-in-1 volumes; I'm up to the sixth right now, which makes 18 of the regular ones, I think), but I absolutely fell in love with MHA and had to have the books as well. I'll probably go to a store that has manga tomorrow, I may end up buying more (I have severe impulse control issues :P).

• Like 1

Currently doing a proper rewatch of the Namek/Ginyu/Frieza sagas for the first time since my original viewing and although the brutality of second form Frieza torturing Krillin in front of Dende, Vegeta and Gohan has always stuck with me I had completely forgotten Gohan has probably has his third best moment in the entire series directly afterwards, only beaten by his transformation into Mystic Gohan and of course, during the Cell games when he goes Super Sayian 2.