The Anime Thread

Ruki

DBS finale part two

glad the ending said until we meet again, maybe with loads of new voice actor? considering everyone is getting really old. Anyway, really enjoyed the episode and didn't mind the predictable ending. We still have so many universes we don't know and are stronger apparently.  Still can't wait till december and the new anime. Great animation, great ending, really enjoyed Super.

47 minutes ago, Lars Kuyt said:

DBS finale part two

Hide contents

glad the ending said until we meet again, maybe with loads of new voice actor? considering everyone is getting really old. Anyway, really enjoyed the episode and didn't mind the predictable ending. We still have so many universes we don't know and are stronger apparently.  Still can't wait till december and the new anime. Great animation, great ending, really enjoyed Super.

Spoiler

Masako Nozawa will be Goku until she's in the ground and even then they'll probably have some Vocaloid kind of thing take over. They do need to cast a new Bulma though.

3 hours ago, =BK= said:
  Hide contents

Masako Nozawa will be Goku until she's in the ground and even then they'll probably have some Vocaloid kind of thing take over. They do need to cast a new Bulma though.

They already did, it's Aya Hisakawa.

Here's the commercial in question:

I have to say, judging by that, she does a pretty good job. It's obviously not the same, but sounds similar enough. Although I'll admit that it will be weird not hearing Hiromi Tsuru voicing Bulma.

As for the finale,

It was predictable, but predictable isn't synonymous with being bad. I really loved it, I echo what was said here about not realizing I wanted to see Goku and Frieza fighting side by side until it happened, the fighting was amazing, everything was like it should be. 

I only got into Super fairly recently. When it first started, I read some bad things about it, namely about the animation and the recycling of the movies, that turned me off from the show. I was still kind of updated on what happened during the show, because the site I go to for "nerd news" always does some recaps and articles about DB. It started picking my interest when Vegeto showed up, and I started watching regularly when this last arc started. I ended up buying the first two blu-ray releases and watching the rest of the series in an instant, and I don't regret it one bit. I loved the show, not as much as the original DB or DBZ, but I did, and I'm really glad they made it.

Now to wait until December. When's My Hero Academia season 3 starting, again?

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

29 minutes ago, Johnny Latino Heat said:
  Hide contents

They already did, it's Aya Hisakawa.

Here's the commercial in question:

I have to say, judging by that, she does a pretty good job. It's obviously not the same, but sounds similar enough. Although I'll admit that it will be weird not hearing Hiromi Tsuru voicing Bulma.

As for the finale,

Hide contents

It was predictable, but predictable isn't synonymous with being bad. I really loved it, I echo what was said here about not realizing I wanted to see Goku and Frieza fighting side by side until it happened, the fighting was amazing, everything was like it should be. 

I only got into Super fairly recently. When it first started, I read some bad things about it, namely about the animation and the recycling of the movies, that turned me off from the show. I was still kind of updated on what happened during the show, because the site I go to for "nerd news" always does some recaps and articles about DB. It started picking my interest when Vegeto showed up, and I started watching regularly when this last arc started. I ended up buying the first two blu-ray releases and watching the rest of the series in an instant, and I don't regret it one bit. I loved the show, not as much as the original DB or DBZ, but I did, and I'm really glad they made it.

Now to wait until December. When's My Hero Academia season 3 starting, again?

I think April 7th or 8th? 

DBS:

So how many years before Super catches up with the ending of "Z"? Pan is like 5 years old there right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lars Kuyt said:

I think April 7th or 8th? 

DBS:

Hide contents

So how many years before Super catches up with the ending of "Z"? Pan is like 5 years old there right?

According the Dragon Ball timeline, the Tournament of Power (and Bulla's birthday) was in December of Age 780. The 28th World Martial Arts tournament takes place on May 7th, Age 784. Pan was born in Age 779, so she'd be about that age; at most, 3 years 6 months until we're at the conclusion of Dragon Ball Z. 

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of GT. Nope nope nope. Not watching it. "Oh no, Goku, you're a kid again. If only we had access to some kind of room of time where there's a crazy time distortion". 

There's basically way too many continuity problems from that first episode that would be easily addressed by events in Super that kinda makes the whole thing moot though. Maybe I'll skip actual plot scenes and just focus on the lives of the Z-Fighters :shifty: . 

Also, for those of you that follow Team Four Star, MasakoX, the voice actor for Goku and Gohan, through his channel does a week of "What-if" scenarios each month. One of the most popular ones he held was a series about Raditz turning good, and he ran with it through the conclusion of the Future Trunks saga. So I got to thinking....

What if we combined a few of his what-ifs to see what happens? 

So, I started working on a outline/summary based around the following What If scenarios: 

1. What if Kid Goku learned Super Saiyan after Krillin's death in Dragon Ball?

2. What if Goku married Bulma? 

3. What if Raditz turned good? 

4. What if Nappa turned good? 

5. What if Future Trunks was stuck in the past when he warned Goku about the androids and the heart virus? 

The big game-changers are 1 and 3. Goku going Super Saiyan basically negates any threats until they go to Namek (and even then it's a wash); the first true challenger is Android 19. Raditz turning good has a dramatic impact on the story as well in terms of character development; for example, Raditz takes the place as Vegeta's main rival. 

While I will admit a lot of it is from Masako, however, I have tried to go off in my direction at points, but if anybody's interested about seeing this come to life, just let me know. I'd love to get this damn thing on a blog. It basically covers the Demon King Piccolo arc in Dragon Ball all the way to last night :shifty: . 

Skip to the Baby saga of GT. It's the best part.

Yeah, basically the first... 20 or so episodes are a complete waste of your time in DBGT. Basically skip to the part where they show Baby the first time and go from there.

A quick check of summaries says you need to start at episode 19, you'll miss some neglible plot stuff and boss fight people you might be a little confused about, but it'll save you a shitload of time. Even then there's one or two episodes you also gotta skip (23 and 24)

It's frustrating how much filler there is in GT, because unlike Z they didn't have to spin their wheels and wait for Toriyama to release new manga's because it was completely standalone. And if the filler was good then it might be forgiven, but most of it is just dumb.

I said it earlier in this thread. With how ridiculously powerful Goku was at the end of Z, it makes no sense for them to fuck about so much. Goku is frustratingly lazy as a character and fighter, and whilst it is his defining character trait, it's more infuriating because Goku can easily curbstomp most problems he comes across, yet they instead fall into this DB world where he for some reason has to run away from angry wildlife.

I'd like to remind anyone missing Dragonball now that Super is done of the fact that the much better manga is still going. The ToP just started.

Edited by =BK=

The manga does things differently. There are big things in the anime that straight up don't exist in the manga.

I'm guessing the outcome will be the same with the tail end being different.

Spoiler

I can see the manga author heavily changing Vegeta's path.

Dragon Ball has not aged well. 

Case and point: Episode 135, "Battle of the Eight". Bulma, Launch and Roshi are bitching about the size of a crowd, so Bulma makes Launch sneeze. Launch then breaks out two capsules containing a submachine gun and a pistol and opens fire.

Jesus, Toriyama! What the shit?!

Launch opens fire with automatic weapons in a crowd. :mellow:

DON'T CANCEL THE TOURNAMENT OR ANYTHING.

And earlier, Roshi literally put his hand on Bulma's ass. I mean, yeah, I know she gave him quite a free show and all that other stuff, but I read/watched Dragon Ball in 2012. In light of recent events - just eek, ya know? 

Roshi is touchy as fuck with Bulma. He never learns.

And Launch is an honest to God bandit when she's blonde, she's probably killed people with those guns. 

16 hours ago, =BK= said:

Roshi is touchy as fuck with Bulma. He never learns.

And Launch is an honest to God bandit when she's blonde, she's probably killed people with those guns. 

Not just Bulma. Didn't he grope at least on one occasion #18 and Videl as well, during DBZ? I mean, sure, Bulma's his favorite target, so to speak, but she's been there since the beginning, 18 and Videl were there for a cup of tea in comparison.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

IIRC he fell into 18's chest on Bulma's plane and got stupid about it and I remember Videl hitting him but not what for.  I know he also tried to get Chi-Chi a couple times too.