The Anime Thread

Ruki

DBS

Spoiler

These animators...they had 17 and 18 fighting in tandem in a scene and the only thing they could think of was "Both of them do flurry punches and ki-blasts!". FFS. I watch My Hero Academia clips and get bummed at seeing how fluid and cool modern anime fights can still be when DBS is so lazy. MHA even does the flurry punches spots better.

• Like 1

Ahhhhhh, something cool about dubbed DBS!!

Spoiler

https://streamable.com/1s3c9

Copy Vegeta is Brian Drummond! People were pitching this idea since that episode aired in Japan. The two English Vegetas face off!!! 

Anyone keep up with  My Hero Academia: Vigilantes? Honestly I like it more than the main series.

5 hours ago, Lars Kuyt said:

What's that?

It's a prequel manga to MHA about three unlicensed heroes working in their city. It features past version of main series characters sometimes. 

Finally watching the MHA anime. The more I get into this franchise the less I get about Bakugo

When I watch DBZ I can put myself in Vegeta's mind and I can understand his grudge and I get why he acts the way he does.

I can't do that with Bakugo. Everything seems to be an offense to him and he overreacts to it all. I just can't understand his level of anger. He's less prideful and more straight up hateful.

Also, Jesus fuck I hate Mineta.

Weird. The MHA dub doesn't change Uraraka's accent when she talks to her parents like the manga does. She and her parents should have a country accent in that bit.

17 hours ago, WOKEN Cloudy said:

Speaking of Food Wars.. was this week's episode the season finale? 

There's no way that's the finale. If anything, I imagine they're taking a week or two off for the holidays. 

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

There's no way that's the finale. If anything, I imagine they're taking a week or two off for the holidays. 

If by a week or two you mean a few months, yes. :shifty:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-15/food-wars-the-third-plate-anime-2nd-half-premieres-in-april-with-totsuki-train-arc/.125360

I may not like the Mineta style jokes but I love the joke of the teacher accidentally elbowing the invisible girl in the chest.

"I would never!-You're a student!-I RESPECT WOMEN!"

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WOKEN Cloudy said:

I just realized, I'm a week behind because I use a free crunchyroll account. I was going to be pissed if I had to wait a few months for the follow up to that. 

Finished Kakegurui. Crazy ride.

Best part was the twist in Episode 11 though...

Spoiler

IT WAS ME JABAMI! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

So I was watching this amazing video

And at 13:47 she starts something I know that I know but can't remember anything about. Help. This is here because I'm pretty sure it's from an anime. My mind wants to put a scream-crying voice over it. I originally wanted to say it's from Clannad but I just sampled the soundtrack and didn't find it.

EDIT

HA! I found it now!

• Like 1