The Anime Thread

Ruki

Haven't watched Evangelion in ages. I remember being confused and a bit disappointed by the final episode and really bummed out by End Of Evangelion after seeking the movie out for clarification. Then years later I saw the Fokding Ideas video on End Of Evangelion and it made me appreciate the movie a lot more. Not enough to make me ever want to watch it again. But I get it.

Here is the video in question. SPOILERS for End Of Evangelion obviously.

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Haven't watched Evangelion in ages. I remember being confused and a bit disappointed by the final episode and really bummed out by End Of Evangelion after seeking the movie out for clarification. Then years later I saw the Fokding Ideas video on End Of Evangelion and it made me appreciate the movie a lot more. Not enough to make me ever want to watch it again. But I get it.

Reveal hidden contents

Watched it. I like it but I feel like he's putting too much on Shinji masturbating. I think it is a condemnation of super fans like he says but I think it also serves a story purpose. At that point a broken Asuka is all Shinji has left. His father will never love him, his relationship with Misato is strained and tainted and his Rei is dead. Asuka is comatose but she's there. Shinji wants he to wake up and do something to make even the smallest connection even if it's just bullying him more so he has some reason to keep piloting the Eva. When he can't get her up he falls into Misato's habit of using "sex" to try and make a connection. This of course fails because duh, she's unwilling here, and he's disgusted at himself at the end of the act.

Death Parade sounds interesting...

Whenever someone dies, they are sent to one of many mysterious bars run by bartenders serving as arbiters. There, they must participate in Death Games with their souls on the line, the results of which reveal what secrets led them to their situation and what their fate will be afterwards, with the arbiters judging if their souls will either be sent for reincarnation or banished into the void. The series follows Decim, the lone bartender of the bar where couples who died at the same time are sent to, known as the Quindecim bar, whose role in judging these souls changes when he meets a curious black-haired woman.

Anyone seen it? Worth checking out?

7 hours ago, Benji said:

Death Parade sounds interesting...

Anyone seen it? Worth checking out?

Interesting is right. I watched the series, the opening theme is pretty awesome. Enjoyed it for the most part, but it wasn't one of those that stuck with me, ya know? It's a short one too, I think, so I say it's worth a watch.

• Thanks 1

I can't tell if Madoka Magica frontloads like hell or if the Evangelion comparisons are what made it super obvious that this isn't a normal Magical Girl thing so fast.

On 1/11/2018 at 08:00, Hellraiser said:

Reveal hidden contents

Did you post this on the Eva subreddit after here? I just saw it over there too.

23 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Wasn't me. 

Huh. Odd. The video is like two years old so it had to be someone from here because there's no way that it by chance just got posted there right after you shared it here.

Anyway...

3 hours ago, Lars Kuyt said:

The rumor is that episode 131 will be the last Dragon ball super episode. Because after that the time slot super has will be filled with another show. 

Pinch of salt, but some seem to think it's just a lengthy hiatus because they're moving resources over to another movie.

Also, watched the first episode of Death Parade. So spoilers...

Spoiler

Anyone else get the impression that that wife was lying at the end about an affair just to make her husband being sent to the void easier? Really enjoyed it, just as horribly dark as I'd hoped.

5 hours ago, Benji said:

Pinch of salt, but some seem to think it's just a lengthy hiatus because they're moving resources over to another movie.

Also, watched the first episode of Death Parade. So spoilers...

Reveal hidden contents

A long one would be good! Might do the show some good, will the next part be Dragon Ball Hyper? Anyway, hopefully a timeskip if it happens, teenage Trunks and Goten! That would be fun.

So I recently finished watching an anime called "Beck". It's about this high school band trying to make it big. And I've enjoyed watching it. It's very well written for the most part. Everything involving the band is great. But the romance poirtions about the anime involving the main character's relationships are quite annoying. 

Edited by Hellraiser