The Anime Thread

Ruki

Spoiler

I'll wait till next week to catch up then. I hate having to wait to see the next part of a fight.

• Like 1

Lol@Naruto doing Jack shit to Frieza. 

Oh man, this last episode of MHA... Now, I only got around to checking MHA last year, closer to the year's end than the beginning, as I collect DVDs and blu-rays, and have a sizeable anime collection as well. I had heard MHA was very good, saw that there was a promotion for the first season, the special edition blu-ray looked good, and I ended up getting it. I watched it with extremely low expectations and I absolutely fell in love with it. I saw the first season, ended up watching the second one in a flash as well, ended up buying the books, and when I was reading the story that's currently being adapted, I actually felt fear that the character who was fighting would die, because it's someone I really love. Ever since I read the story, I had hoped the anime adaptation would do it justice, and my goodness, did it deliver. I actually found myself tearing up at certain parts of the episode. One of my favorite episodes in all of anime, not just MHA, but all of anime. This is the kind of stuff that made me love anime, and I give a standing ovation to everyone involved in the episode (actually, the whole season three, because it's been home run after home run, starting with the Deku vs Muscular fight). This is wonderful!

• Like 1

I don't think my lockscreen and desktop could contrast more.

lock.png

desk.png

• Like 1

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENT WITH MHA.

Spoiler

I'm not kidding when I say All-Might is the best superhero created since like 1980 or so.

If we redid the EWB favorite Superheroes he'd be my number 2.

Finally started on MHA myself, episode 1 and 2 were a bit slow going for me because of all the table setting they had to, but episode 3 got me interested whilst episode 4 finally sold me on the show fully.

Can't wait to watch a few more episodes today, although I'm already dreading running through all of it way too fast and having to wait for more episodes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloud Was A Racecar Driver said:

I finished Food Wars: The Third Plate. I liked it. My complaints about the show still stand though.

Which are those?

Also, I enjoyed it! I imagine the 4th season starts off with....

The rebels losing the rest of the rounds

There's no agency.

Spoiler

Hey, guess what? Yukihira wins. Every time. There's no agency, there's no drama. I'll bet you a dollar season 4 starts with the rebels losing every round.. except the last one, pulling the victory out of their ass to win Elite Ten seats and free their friends. And you know who's gonna win that last round? Yukihira Soma. Because he always does. Even when he loses shokugekis, his opponents trip over themselves to be like WOW THAT WAS CLOSE YUKIHIRA IS A FORMIDABLE FOE!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cloud Was A Racecar Driver said:

There's no agency.

Hide contents

Hey, guess what? Yukihira wins. Every time. There's no agency, there's no drama. I'll bet you a dollar season 4 starts with the rebels losing every round.. except the last one, pulling the victory out of their ass to win Elite Ten seats and free their friends. And you know who's gonna win that last round? Yukihira Soma. Because he always does. Even when he loses shokugekis, his opponents trip over themselves to be like WOW THAT WAS CLOSE YUKIHIRA IS A FORMIDABLE FOE!!

That is fair!