The Anime Thread

Ruki

For anyone that doesn't know, the Dragon Ball Super manga goes past the anime and just introduced the post-Broly Villian.

Spoiler for size.

Spoiler

o1846391.jpg

I love Toriyama's doofy non-cannon dragons.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If I had to make a list of Animes i've been watching on Netflix that i'd recommend to others..top 5so far...

In no the particular order:

Saiki-K - Fun day in the life series of the worlds most powerful psychic and his pretty normal friends. (Fun things we learn...Saiki is the reason Japan is full of bright colourful hair).

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Really good series with a nice balance of storytelling and action. (Fun things we learn...never have a child and be an alchemist 😥)

B: The Beginning - I'm not that many episodes into this show however it's pretty good so far. Good artwork and good fight scenes. (Fun things we learned...being the silent angry type...gets you a lead role)

AOT - I don't think I really need to say much about this. You should just watch it. (Fun things we learned...find someone who loves you like Mikasa loves Eren)

Bleach - Really enjoyed the story being told but some episodes do feel like they drag. (Fun things we learned..."bwahhahaha!")

The first arc of Bleach is great. From what I've heard though the farther along it goes the worse it becomes.

Somebody on Twitter fully drew one of Toriyama's alternate concepts for adult Gohan.

DyBfg7mWsAA15yN.jpeg

Multiple allegations of sexual misconduct against Vic Mignogna, namely about touching and kissing convention attendees without consent. Rooster Teeth have cut ties with him and a ton of conventions have dropped him from their lineups too. 

https://www.cbr.com/vic-mignogna-rooster-teeth-rwby-misconduct/

Reading the Goblin Slayer manga. One detail in a later chaper I noticed last night that made the whole life or death aspect of the battle more real for the characters. There's this thing in anime where if a female warrior gets her clothes ripped off or the buttons and bindings are cut they'll scream and hunker down, covering up and become useless in the fight or submit. It doesn't matter if they're going to die or not. So what does the Elf Archer in Gobln Slayer do after the Goblins that are tearing her clothes off and trying to rape her get knocked away?

A.Cower and cry about her modesty and virtue.

B.Cover herself with one arm and take shitty potshots with her bow.

C.Ignore her clothes and slaughter all the little rapey-murder bastards she can.

C! She stands straight up, kills shit and hauls her injured friend off the ground long before her (lack of) clothes come up. It's great to see a character put life so far ahead of a unimportant thing like modestyin the heat of battle.

• 2 weeks later...

"THE ONLY GOOD GOBLIN IS A DEAD GOBLIN, NOW LETS MAKE THESE GOBLINS GOOOOOD!"