The Anime Thread

Ruki

Here's a fantastic deal on digital manga. Not sure on international rights for it though as it's through Kodansha in the US. I watched the Descending Stories anime and it's perhaps my favorite from the entire last decade. I'm very eager to read it in manga form. And that's just one of the many series you get in their complete form for just $20.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/award-winning-manga-by-kodansha-books

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/editorial/2020-05-22/zac-bertschy-in-memoriam/.159803

Zac Bertschy was the first full-time staff member on Anime News Network, and had been with the site since 2005. Passed away yesterday.

Rewatching Hunter x Hunter again, also collected every volume so far. Hopefully Togashi will finish the story someday! Still the best out there. Love every character and the way their power system works. Chimera Ant arc is a must watch for every one. Such good story telling.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re-reading MHA completely to catch up on what I missed since SJ is far better than the old scanlations I first read.

I still can not stand Mineta. He just doesn't fit and takes me out of it when he gets a bit.

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

Re-reading MHA completely to catch up on what I missed since SJ is far better than the old scanlations I first read.

I still can not stand Mineta. He just doesn't fit and takes me out of it when he gets a bit.

Mineta is such a weird character especially because he's sorta Horikoshi's self-deprecating self-insert.

Also the SJ app (and Manga Plus) are both really great apps. CR Manga is grossly broken but it's got a fair bit of Kodansha publications which is really nice.

Also in some significant news the first Haruhi Suzimaya novel in 9 1/2 years is coming out this November. Years of "Shinzo Abe is the reason we can't get new Haruhi books" memes and they announce it the same week he resigns. Amazing.

Hmm. "The Social Distancing of Haruhi Suzimaya". Given the power of her moods,  you can bet that would have everyone interested in saving reality shitting their pants :shifty: . 

On 9/2/2020 at 8:01 AM, =BK= said:

Ahhhhh! No no no! I'm all caught up! What a fucking point to hit a stop!

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, =BK= said:

Ahhhhh! No no no! I'm all caught up! What a fucking point to hit a stop!

Since you've now read and seen everything. Are the films part of the manga, or original standalone content? I still haven't seen the films, and I was thinking about reading through the mangas too.

It's weird reading MHA Vigilantes and seeing Ingenium being so nice and talking about his Hero Agency knowing what happens with him in the main series. 

Midnight's original costume that caused the introduction of Super Hero decency laws. NSFW.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200908-004213.png

• 2 weeks later...