The Anime Thread

Ruki

Anywhere to watch Season 2 onwards of Attack on Titan for free in English?

Tried watching Bleach and FMA Brotherhood, just couldn’t massively get in to them, may try again on the 20 hours to Tokyo next month.

Running through Castlevania on Netflix, only 12 episodes and it’s easy enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful movie. But honestly? Too much fight. It's the exact opposite problem the original Broly had. Goku vs Broly just took forever.

Also they left Frieza with Broly for an HOUR. He easily could have went "Fuck this monkey planet, I'll use the other Dragon!"  and blew the earth up during that time. I guess Whis would have stepped in but that wasn't said.

• 2 weeks later...

All-Might getting the Smack-down from base form Goku is  hilarious. Accurate too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Netflix felt the need to redub Eva and...it's not great.

I mean, they literally had to... the licensing rights for that show were a total mess, and the rights to the original English dub didn't come over. It does kinda suck that the original VAs weren't asked to get involved though. They also put the time into a full retranslation for the sub as well - which is pretty cool. For someone watching for the first time, I don't think it will matter. The original dub wasn't exactly amazing.

It's not like it's a series direction thing either - I assume fresh licensing will be available for the 3.0 + 1.0 should it make its way over here.

• 2 weeks later...

You ever notice the farther you go back the less blatant the style difference between anime and Western Animation is?

Slayers wouldn't look out of place in a block with stuff like Thundercats and such. The biggest difference is just the quality of the animation being better.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Japanese reports a 41 year old set fire to Kyoto Animation's first studio in Kyoto. 33 are confirmed dead. The suspect is in police custody.

Source: Kotaku.com

Kyoto Animations is the studio responsible for animes such as the Haruhi Suzumiya series, Lucky Star, Free!, K-On and Nichijou amongst many others. They were also one of the few anime studios in which the animators were salaried employees instead of being paid by frame.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Sad 1

Is anyone else still watching Black Clover? The best arc so far has started yesterday. That episode looked amazing, beautiful soundtrack and that final shot? DAMN. My emotions were all over! Can't wait for next week. The first 20 episodes were rough but Black Clover is getting better and better. 

giphy.gif

• 3 weeks later...