The Anime Thread

Ruki

So, anyone keeping up with the Funimation leaks? Someone leaked a lot of clips of DBZ english voice actors reading erotic fanfiction in-character, as well as using a lot of racial and homophobic slurs.

15 hours ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

So, anyone keeping up with the Funimation leaks? Someone leaked a lot of clips of DBZ english voice actors reading erotic fanfiction in-character, as well as using a lot of racial and homophobic slurs.

Apparently the guy at Funimation leaked it because he felt it was contradictory to their workplace guidelines.  The audio is quite bad. I mean, good quality - but bad taste.

Funimation Audio Leaks

Happens all the time in VA work. Actors blow off steam making the pure, lovable characters say the most nasty and mean things. You've probably heard bits in blooper reels. A similar thing happens in animation. You can find actual Bruce Timm art doodles of Harley Quinn getting fucked by Joker. There once was stuff out there from the Beetlejuice cartoon art staff with Lydia and BJ showing him put his fingers in a certain place that'd explain his blood red fingernails. It's just adults playing naughty with characters that are supposed to be sanitary.  

Except it's still shitty thing to do and joke about. Especially that Lydia stuff, as she is/looks like a child from the cartoon. There's no excuse for homophobic/transphobic/racist/whatever jokes.

I've haven't listened or dug too deep on the funimation stuff, but from what I heard that was 10+ years ago? I would hope that the people who did that have changed since then.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yesterday: "Studio Ghibli movies will NEVER be on streaming services!"
Today: https://io9.gizmodo.com/wow-studio-ghibli-movies-will-stream-on-the-upcoming-h-1839136145

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...