The Anime Thread

Ruki

So many nerdrage fits have been had over SSJ4 being equal to SSB.

I think MHA has ruined me writing superheroes in a way. I was just brainstorming for one of my characters I like to write and she's starting to sound like All Might talking about her spot as the head superhero in the world.

So, MHA thought. When Deku fights Muscular near the start of the fight after the dude recovers once Deku basically says "Oh shit, I hit him as hard as All Might could've." Later on Deku clearly hits him harder though. Sooooo, was he just overestimating how hard he hit the first time or did he for a moment hit harder than All Might?

On 16/07/2018 at 04:37, =BK= said:

So, MHA thought. When Deku fights Muscular near the start of the fight after the dude recovers once Deku basically says "Oh shit, I hit him as hard as All Might could've." Later on Deku clearly hits him harder though. Sooooo, was he just overestimating how hard he hit the first time or did he for a moment hit harder than All Might?

I'm guessing his (and All Might's) 100% isn't really 100%, just some sort of limit they impose themselves, and when they hit harder than that, they're "surpassing their limits". It wasn't only Deku that did it, remember, All Might did it as well against Nomu in the first season (and, one could argue, againt All For One as well). I think it fits in with the whole thing of the show, which is "go beyond". I mean, that's what the whole "Plus Ultra" motto from UA is about, right?

• Like 1

Last weeks MHA was awesome! I'm excited to watch this weeks next weekend (because I only have a free crunchyroll account). I don't know why, but I always love the 'test' arcs in shows like these. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it when I see someone on YouTube talking about a cool anime that makes me want to look up the manga(because I prefer reading) only to see the words "LIGHT NOVEL" on the wiki entry.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching Food Wars for a couple of weeks now, I bought both seasons 1 and 2 on a whim (and they were relatively cheap), I'm liking them more than I actually thought I would. I was NOT expecting the dark turn the story took on the 5th and 6th episodes of season 3, however! Really intrigued to see where it goes from here.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2018 at 18:21, Johnny Latino Heat said:

How can something so wrong feel so, so right?

• Haha 1

Started watching FMA:B, never saw anything of it but I heard all the rave reviews. And it made me feel sad in the first episode without even knowing their full backstory, there's just that sense of sadness and melancholy that just manages to get to me. The little things like Al writing foodstuffs down he wants to try when he gets his body back.

Of course the flashbacks in episode 2 fully managed to kick me in the gut a few times. It has really hooked me after a few episodes.

Edited by Jasonmufc

13 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Started watching FMA:B, never saw anything of it but I heard all the rave reviews. And it made me feel sad in the first episode without even knowing their full backstory, there's just that sense of sadness and melancholy that just manages to get to me. The little things like Al writing foodstuffs down he wants to try when he gets his body back.

Of course the flashbacks in episode 2 fully managed to kick me in the gut a few times. It has really hooked me after a few episodes.

You ain't even scratched the surface yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasonmufc said:

You poor sweet summer child.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1