NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Eli Manning.

I'm probably the biggest Giants fan on the board and we didn't really play well enough to win in Lambeau, but Green Bay didn't close us out either. Objectively speaking, Green Bay was the better team but didn't play better on that day.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. I'd hardly say he was useless. Not elite, but he could manage an offense adequately enough and didn't make too many stupid mistakes.

That said, I still have doubts from what I have seen in Rodgers, but who knows. I'd still start him ahead of Favre after all the crap he's pulled.

The Giants weren't the best team in the league last year. They barely made the playoffs, but when they did they had the best last month out of the 12 teams that got into the postseason and that won them the championship.

I look at it as karmic revenge for the Mets being the best team in the NL for all of 2006 and then choking like bitches in the playoffs before being one of the best teams in their league again last year and then committing the chokejob of all chokejobs last September.

Regular season records determine the best team of the year. Postseason records determine the best team of the month after the season ends.

More emphasis needs to be placed on regular season success, and then have the Super Bowl function more as a side cup. Similar to how many European sport leagues do things.

Thank fucking Christ. It's all over ESPNews now.. maybe we can finally move on. Unless Favre decides to continue to be a big fucking baby and doesn't want to play there.

Edited by punky

No, now we'll just get another week rehashing everything, then wall to wall coverage of all of Brett's New York activities.

Its ESPN, they're still talking about the Brewers shove. This will never die!

Also, hahah EA, your cover is out of date

Favre is, was, and always will be a Packer...that said...LET'S GO JETS!

The lone bright spot of all of the media coverage (except constantly attempting to spot Wendy Nix around town) was listening to Mike Golic rant about how poorly Packers management has handled this entire situation.

It was very interesting to see all the "Favre haters" around town until he actually was reinstated and came into town, then all the supporters came out of the woodwork...should be interesting to see what happens up here for a long while to say the least. Well, for me.

I don't see how him becoming a Jet makes things better. If anything playing in the largest media city in the country on top of being in the shadow of the Super Bowl champions, along with not having that great of a team. No offense yes the Jets went whole sale however they were 4-12 so how good of a turnaround was expected? I seriously feel all this did is shatter the last thing of confidence Kellen Clemens had

Chad Pennington come on UP to Chicago!

Hey, at least we could have three QBs fighting over a job that no one else would want. :shifty:

Ew, no. I'd rather watch another five years of Rex.

As far as Brett the Jet goes, like I said before, that offense might be pretty damn solid this year. If the D shows up to work, they're a very possible playoff team.

Regular season records determine the best team of the year. Postseason records determine the best team of the month after the season ends.

More emphasis needs to be placed on regular season success, and then have the Super Bowl function more as a side cup. Similar to how many European sport leagues do things.

Ew, no. There's too much shit going on as it is, and it just makes everyone bitch about the amount of games they have to play, it's ridiculous. I agree, regular season success is important, but I get laughed at when I say I'm proud of the Bears being NFC Champions in 2006. It's you Americans "yeah, you won the division/conference/everything else, but ya didn't win the big one!" like I could get a bunch of pals together with no prior training and win the conference.

I don't hate the idea of Pennington going out to Chicago, but it'd still have to be an open competition. To be honest, I'm still rooting for Neckbeard.

Edited by Dragsy

That's CAPTAIN Neckbeard.

Brett to the Jets puts them in the running for the playoffs, but they won't win the division, and they'll be scrambling with Jacksonville, Cleveland, Denver, Tennessee, and Oakland (yes, I went there) for the wild card spots. Its a nice 'we're trying' move, but it isn't enough.

Ew, no. There's too much shit going on as it is, and it just makes everyone bitch about the amount of games they have to play, it's ridiculous. I agree, regular season success is important, but I get laughed at when I say I'm proud of the Bears being NFC Champions in 2006. It's you Americans "yeah, you won the division/conference/everything else, but ya didn't win the big one!" like I could get a bunch of pals together with no prior training and win the conference.

I don't hate the idea of Pennington going out to Chicago, but it'd still have to be an open competition. To be honest, I'm still rooting for Neckbeard.

I was thinking a similar thing this morning about the regular season record compared to the SuperBowl win, specifically with the Patriots /Giants scenario from last year. I was thinking, would the Pats had rather lost their final regular season game to the Giants and finished the regular season 15-1 - but won the SuperBowl, or be able to say that they went through the regualr season unbeaten, but lose to the Giants at the SB?

According to Foxsports.com Brett Favre is now a Jet. The Packers will receive a draft pick from New York. The pick will be based on how well the Jets end up doing.

And so withe dual announcements that my Favorite team has traded for Brett Favre and another announcement that Chad Pennington WILL be traded... I can say one thing about this... FUCK!!

Anotherwards I am not happy at all... just what we needed, a pussy who whined when he wasnt going to be given the starting job back.. and wouldnt play for them anymore.... FUCK!!