NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

First off, it says your from Pittsburgh, so I'm having trouble figuring out how much drama that might cause there.

Secondly for such a big Jets fan, you'd think you'd know that Clemens is going into his 3rd year and has been pushing Pennington for his starting job since he got to New York.

I figure since you're a Jets fan its probably an odd to be in a situation where you could be happy with what your team does, but this is a situation where you can be.

Unless you like being the Patriots doormat and would like to see that continue uninterrupted for the next several years.

Brett Favre at least gives them a puncher's chance against the Pats

MAxx

I may be in Pittsburgh right now, well the last few years, but as you notice I said MY HOMETOWN, meaning where I am from... I bow out of this convo, as I dont like the idea, but cannot accurately portray it to you all...

It's interesting because it had been assumed that either Smith or Hill would start given that they're the two vying for the starting job.

Besides, it's news other than the whole Favre saga as well. Which, I dunno about you, I could use a break from.

Plus, this thread needs more 49er talk. :shifty:

Martz has always done crazy things with QBs, but they have always seemed to work. Kurt Warner. Marc Bulger. Jon Kitna.

... I wonder if Pennington will get a look. He is accurate, which is key in Martz system?

That offensive line in New York is no where near as good as the Packers line. I think if they can protect him Favre will have a field day throwing to those receivers. Do they have a better chance against Patriots? I don't know, probably a slightly better chance depending how fast Favre can adjust. As a Patriots fan I'm still more concerned about Buffalo having a breakout season then New York.

I'd say the Jets line is better than Green Bay's, or at the very least will be. Its been their major investment for the last several years, its bound to pay off. D'Brickashaw and Mangold were already good, and they added Faneca

Edited by Maxx

I'd say the Jets line is better than Green Bay's, or at the very least will be. Its been their major investment for the last several years, its bound to pay off

They have a big pass blocking liability at left guard though. But I agree, other than that the Jets line is better in my opinion.

The Lions toppled the Super Bowl champs! :shifty:

Pre-season is meaningless, but the passing attack to Roy and Calvin apparently worked well. My big concern is how the defense will hold up throughout the season. The defensive line is a huge question mark, as are the linebackers other than Ernie Sims. It'll be another interesting season in Detroit.

That offensive line in New York is no where near as good as the Packers line. I think if they can protect him Favre will have a field day throwing to those receivers. Do they have a better chance against Patriots? I don't know, probably a slightly better chance depending how fast Favre can adjust. As a Patriots fan I'm still more concerned about Buffalo having a breakout season then New York.

Seriously? You should've said something.

Is Faneca a little past his prime now?

Caleb Hanie for Qb#1! What the fuck Neckbeard, 1 carry for -9 yards? Seriously. Where was the O-Line. 1 sack, 1 pick for the defense, not great, seems solid enough given they were held to 83 yards rushing. We really need to get better offensively in the Red zone though.

Edited by Dragsy

Baltimore- 16

New England- 15

Yeah that's right. Fuck it I don't care if it's preseason. :shifty:

Nobody else cares if it's preseason other then the coaches and staff and those players trying to make the team.

Although in that game Jarod Mayo kicked ass and LaMont Jordan looked really good. Hopefully he becomes my sleeper pick in my fantasy league. -_-

Edited by Snow White and the 7Ups

Speaking of Fantasy Football, I joined a head-to-head autodraft Yahoo league a few days ago, and the draft finally went through. Here's my team (* means they were my choice, no * = luck of the draw):

QB - Peyton Manning *

WR - Chris Chambers

WR - Kevin Curtis

WR - Joey Galloway

RB - Darren McFadden *

RB - Ronnie Brown

TE - Jason Witten *

BN - Eli Manning (QB) *

BN - Matt Forte (RB)

BN - Benjamin Watson (TE)

BN - Derrick Mason (WR)

BN - Ted Ginn Jr (WR)

K - Nick Folk *

BN - Mason Crosby (K)

DEF - Chicago *

(Yes, I actually intentionally drafted both Manning brothers)

Keep in mind I haven't made any roster changes yet, including moving from active to the bench and vice versa. I'm probably dumping Ted Ginn Jr and dumping or trading Benjamin Watson (I had Watson and Witten as my TEs last year and kept Watson benched most of the season)

*edit* Forgot to mention but one fool in the league has Big Ben and Matt Schaub as his QBs, but went and actually signed Tavaris Jackson after the draft. Jackson is someone people should be dumping, not actually signing!

Edited by GhostMachine

Here be my fantasy team. Keeper league, Draft is monday I happen to have the first pick.

QB's

Vince Young

Jay Cutler

Alex Smith

RB

Ryan Grant

Marshawn Lynch

Thomas Jones

DeAngelo Williams

WR

Joe Jurevicious

Robert Meachem

Javon Walker

Wes Welker

TE

Greg Olsen

Defense: Non

Kicker: Neil Rackers

So with the 1st pick I have some tough chocies..The following are avaible:

Derek Anderson

Aaron Rodgers

Trent Edwards

David Garrard

Edgerin James

Felix Jones

Kevin Smith

Earnest Graham

Jamal Lewis

Deuce McCalister

Fred Taylor

Jason Avant

Issac Bruce

Nate Burleson

Marques Colston

Joey Galloway

and of course all the rookies. I think I'll pick up Colston unless I get an offer from another team to move up. I had Colston on my team last year..got me my only win.