NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Yeah, when you look at the bottom of the NFL, some teams deserve to be there (Chiefs, Lions, Seahawks due to injuries), but the Rams always struck me as a team who wasn't playing as well as they actually were. They definitely don't look like a playoff team, but they've shown their true colors the past two weeks; they aren't capable of being champions, but they are capable of being competitive with the top tier. Their defense will hold them back from doing anything significant in terms of a post-season, but they have a good offense to build on, and people shouldn't be shocked when they score a lot. Although it's really hard to blame anyone after several dismal games. I certainly didn't give them a vote of confidence early, but that had more to do with me expecting more from the Cowboys than I should have. >_<

Well this was a nice surprise. If you looked at the score and knew nothing about The Patriots season you'd think Tom Brady was still playing. Cassel still gets sacked way too much though but at least it looks like we have some kind of run game going.

I thought it was a mistake starting four Bears (Orton/Forte/Olsen/Gould), yet I come away with my third straight win, am top of the power rankings and have outscored everyone else in the league. Fucking Monster of the Midway gon' fuck your shit up.

Edited by Dragsy

Some stats I found/heard that, while pretty cookie cutter, I thought were interesting:

-Drew Brees is dominating all other QBs in terms of yardage, beating out Jay Cutler (2 overall) by close to 400 yards. However, he ties for 5th when it comes to TDs (Kurt Warner and Aaron Rodgers share 5th with him).

-The Titans have allowed only one passing touchdown so far.

-Jason Campbell is the only starting QB who has not thrown a single INT. JaMarcus Russell, Trent Edwards, Marc Bulger, and Jeff Garcia share the #2 slot with 2 INTs each. JT O'Sullivan is at the bottom of the list with 10.

-Brett Favre is right behind O'Sullivan with 8 INTs, although he is tied for third place with Cutler when it comes to TDs (he has 13).

-Dan Orlovsky has the longest pass at 96 yards. As for QBs who have started every game so far, David Garrard is at the bottom; his longest is 33 yards.

-Kurt Warner's PCT is still high, at 70, but Philip Rivers boasts the best Passer Rating at 108.5. Warner's is 102.8.

-Clinton Portis has the most rushing yards: 818. The second highest is Adrian Peterson, who has 684. Portis is also the only RB who breaks the 100 YPG mark (116.9), but Michael Turner is close behind, averaging 99.5.

-LenDale White only has 314 yards, but has the most rushing TDs (8). He also has the longest run of the season: 80 yards.

-Devery Henderson is averaging the most yards per catch: 31. He only has 15 receptions though.

-For WRs, there is no clear standout when it comes to TDs. Larry Fitzgerald, Terrell Owens, Hines Ward, Anquan Boldin, and Chris Chambers are all in first place with 5 TDs each. Two of those, however, are Cardinals (Fitzgerald and Boldin). And Chambers did not play in weeks 6 and 7.

So Warner has thrown 12 touchdowns and 10 of them have been to Fitz and Q. It must be awesome to have those two WR's at your disposable. If you were to throw in a legitimate threat of a TE to mix it up even more and that would just be phenomenal.

So, yeah, I have to hand in another football sheet and I dont really follow football. I would apparecite it again if somebody could help me out with some picks.

Raiders / Ravens

Cardinals / Panthers

Bills/ Dolphins

Redskins / Lions

Bucs / Cowboys

Rams / Patriots

Chargers / Saints

Jets / Cheifs

Falcons / Eagles

Giants / Steelers

Browns / Jags

49 ers / Seahawks

Colts / Titans

Another interesting stat I just read: St. Louis has outscored the Redskins and Cowboys 53-31.

Also: Aaron Rodgers boasts more passing yards than Brett Favre (1,668 to 1,321), a higher YPA average (7.5 to 6.8), a better passer rating (98.8 to 92.3) and more wins (4 to 3).

And one more: In less than six full games, Cassel has been sacked 25 times – four more times than Tom Brady was sacked in the entire 2007 regular season.

All three of these were shamelessly stolen from here.

So Warner has thrown 12 touchdowns and 10 of them have been to Fitz and Q. It must be awesome to have those two WR's at your disposable. If you were to throw in a legitimate threat of a TE to mix it up even more and that would just be phenomenal.

That's basically the idea that Jerry Jones thinks will work for the Cowboys. With Roy Williams and TO, two quality wide receivers and the best TE in the league in Jason Witten, the passing game should be pretty much unstoppable. We just need a healthy Romo, a clued in Williams and some fresh calls from Jason Garrett.

As for the predictions, I'd go with:

Raiders / Ravens (Close call, I'm going to go with the outsider, though, I think Cable realises how to use Russell now after the Saints blowout)

Cardinals / Panthers

Bills / Dolphins

Redskins / Lions

Bucs / Cowboys

Rams / Patriots

Chargers / Saints (Tough one and anything can happen with it being at Wembley but I think Bush, Shockey and an off-colour Colston will doom the Saints)

Jets / Chiefs

Falcons / Eagles

Giants / Steelers (Yikes, either could win this one, I think the Steelers will pull it out at home, though)

Browns / Jags

49ers / Seahawks (Again close, I was tempted to go with the Seahawks because of the Nolan situation in San Fran but the Seahawks still have major offensive injuries)

Colts / Titans

Raiders / Ravens

Cardinals / Panthers

Bills / Dolphins

Redskins / Lions

Bucs / Cowboys

Rams / Patriots

Chargers / Saints

Jets / Chiefs

Falcons / Eagles

Giants / Steelers

Browns / Jags

49ers / Seahawks

Colts / Titans

Those will be my picks for the week.

Raiders / Ravens... Raiders are homecoming

Cardinals / Panthers... Panthers MAY be the best team in the NFC. Cardz are good, so it wouldn't be shocking to see the Cards win, though.

Bills/ Dolphins... I heart Trent Edwards, though admittingly have undervalued the Dolphins all year.

Redskins / Lions... There should be a rule in the NFL, if you lose to the Lions.... Ya Fired!

Bucs / Cowboys.... The Romoless 'Boys didn't look impressive

Rams / Patriots... The Patriots are just TOO banged up, and the Rams are playing inspired football

Chargers / Saints... Brees is playing out of his mind, and the Charges Defense is horrid this year. This game is a bit tough to call since it's in London, but the Saints should win.

Jets / Cheifs... I imagine since the Jets lost last week, they will be much better offensively this week. I fully expect Favre to have at least 6 TDs again, even if he has to keep throwning in the last 60 seconds of the game again. <_<

Falcons / Eagles... I love Matt Ryan, but he has NEVER seen a blitz package like the one he is about to see. Sowwy Matty :crying:

Giants / Steelers

Browns / Jags ... The Browns are just too inconsistent for my taste. The Browns could come out and drop 60... or just 6. Who knows?

49 ers / Seahawks... Typically when teams are emotional they win. The Niners should be emotional after having Singletary getting promoted.

Colts / Titans... The Titans are due to lose, and Manning had a horrible game last week, so I would expect him to come out on fire this week.

Edited by MikelSweeten