NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

I'd go with Ryan. He puts up pretty solid numbers and the Saints pass defense is worse than the run defense so they might have a hard time running with Turner and plus I'd imagine they might end up in a bit of a shootout/force the Falcons to pass a lot given how good...well, Drew Brees is.

Best fantasy QB this week: Rosenfels (vs. Baltimore), Ryan (vs. Saints) or Pennington (vs. Seahawks)? Yes, these are my best options :(

Well unless he's shockingly poor then we would re-sign Williams so it wouldn't be the same issue. If we don't have Williams then it's Patrick Crayton as the no. 1 guy when Owens retires which is horrible to even think about.

Pennington clearly.

In 4/5 years you'd have Williams (even if he's superstar as he should be) as the number one guy like TO is now ..... and then nothing underneath, like what is being said about what's under TO right now. Is that not the same situation ? TO and then a bunch of guys .... Roy and then a bunch of guys. I don't see how that's not the same.

Ryan or Pennington should be fine, Seattle and New Orleans lack defense lately.

King, rolling the problem back 4/5 years eseentially keeps it from being a problem for Romo in the prime of his career, thats why they did it. It'll be a problem in 4/5 years, but we'll be gearing up for a rebuilding then anyways.

The difference there is that Roy Williams will be in the prime of his career, not a season or two from retirement like Owens is now. If you don't acquire the proven NFL WR then you run the risk of having absolutely no one worthy of the number one spot which would put us in a much worse position than before the trade. It's like a safety net I guess, rather than wait and see whether a draft pick could come in and be the next Owens we get Williams who obviously we're pretty confident can become that because we've already seen him produce well in the NFL.

Thanks for the fantasy feedback. I'm going to put a few on my add/drop list in case someone beats me to Pennington (1st choice, Seattle's 31st against the pass) or Ryan.

Edited by AD

King, rolling the problem back 4/5 years eseentially keeps it from being a problem for Romo in the prime of his career, thats why they did it. It'll be a problem in 4/5 years, but we'll be gearing up for a rebuilding then anyways.

And that sir, is exactly what has plagued Jones. Rebuilding, he doesn't know how to do it. And that is half of the problem that I'm referring too along with having Williams and some guys. To me it would make more sense to shore up the line and get Tony a backup that allows him so breathing room.

It just seems more like window dressing. Ah well.

The difference there is that Roy Williams will be in the prime of his career, not a season or two from retirement like Owens is now.

That's only if you can ensure that his injury bug goes away. If not, then 30 will pretty much be topping out for him. That's the gamble I was equating to the draft pick. Healthy Roy = worth it .... not healthy Roy = not worth it.

On another note, and NOT making a dig at Jerry Jones here ... the Cowboys really need to hammer down their draft strategy. You made this move for Williams so now adjust accordingly. I think Wade is ok but do any of you think that someone else (read:Garrett) should have a rather heavy say so ?

Edited by HailtotheKing

Apparently the Raiders are releasing DeAngelo Hall, if TO hadn't spit on him, I'd expect him to sign with the Cowboys. Now he'll probably got to the Pats.

And that sir, is exactly what has plagued Jones. Rebuilding, he doesn't know how to do it. And that is half of the problem that I'm referring too along with having Williams and some guys. To me it would make more sense to shore up the line and get Tony a backup that allows him so breathing room.

It just seems more like window dressing. Ah well.

Yip. Your move, Starr.

Wait. Why is Dragsy getting a suspension and HTTK getting nothing?

Well he should do now if Jstarr sticks to his word.

Dragsy used the word cock. King used the word homer. Big difference.

But, I did say that we should move on from the JJ bitching, so...see ya Thursday night, King.

Oh, and you two need to give me really quick reasons why you shouldn't be warned for mini-modding. You have no way of knowing what HttK did and didn't get, other than the fact that he's still posting. Did he get warned? You don't know that. Let me do my job, and quit trying to do it for me.

Back to football.

Edited by Sinistarr

As far as I'm aware 'mini-modding' as you called it isn't against the board rules. All it says in there is that mods decisions are final and their wishes are to be respected. I don't recall saying anything disrespectful or even negative about your decision. Plus, I wasn't telling you what to do, I was merely commenting on Be's post and saying that by your ruling, a suspension would likely be put in place. Also, you threatened suspension, not warning, so yeah we would have a way to know if there wasn't any action because he'd still be posting.

On the DeAngelo Hall topic I'm sure there'll be Dallas rumours about him but I doubt it would happen with the personnel we've already got and the limited cap space. I think he'd be a good fit in New Orleans or San Diego, they both need help against the pass and have the high-powered offense that could take them deep into the playoffs.

I would think that Ty Law (if he is still unsigned) would be a more likely signee for New England then DeAngelo Hall. However I don't see the Pats signing either of them.

As for Hall...he's a money grabber. So I would guess that he won't care about going to a team like the Cowboys, Saints, Chargers, Pats- in order to make a run at the playoffs. He'll go to whichever team offers him the most money. My guess is someone stupid like the Lions or Cheifs.