NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

There's a few guys I agree/disagree with.

LT's having a terrible year. Thomas Jones deserves that spot.

Steelers "fullback" Carey Davis getting 4th in Fullback voting must mean that there are only 5 FBs available to be voted for because he's awful.

Steelers DE Aaron Smith deserves another Pro Bowl, the guy is the best run stopping DE in the NFL. But he's practically a no-name because he's not flashy and his stats aren't anything special.

I don't know what Keith Bullucks stats are but I can't see him having a better season than LaMarr Woodley.

Dan Carpenter and Shawn Suisham (2 of the worst kickers in the NFL) will be representing their conferences in Hawaii. What a joke.

I'm surprised Chase didn't blow a nut. How do the fans put Jay Cutler over Big Ben? I love me some Cutler, but seriously. Big Ben put the Steelers on his shoulders offensively, and carried his team to the second or third seed in the AFC with the toughest schedule in the league. Cutler wouldn't even be in the playoffs if he played in any other division.

Also, hasn't Bob Sanders been out like half the year? Did I confuse him with someone else, or has he not missed a bunch of games.

This is what happens when the fans vote though, we get stupid shit like this.

I agree.

How LT made the roster at all is beyond ridiculous. And Favre's had arguably the least impact of any of the free agents that joined the Jets this year. Chad Pennington deserves a spot.

I agree with this as well. I never thought I'd say it but Chad Pennington deserves to be in the Pro Bowl.

I'm surprised Chase didn't blow a nut. How do the fans put Jay Cutler over Big Ben? I love me some Cutler, but seriously. Big Ben put the Steelers on his shoulders offensively, and carried his team to the second or third seed in the AFC with the toughest schedule in the league. Cutler wouldn't even be in the playoffs if he played in any other division.

Also, hasn't Bob Sanders been out like half the year? Did I confuse him with someone else, or has he not missed a bunch of games.

Cutler over Ben? I have no problem with it. Ben's stats aren't great and most casual fans are too stupid to measure intangibles. Cutler's first few weeks of the season practically won this for him. If this was an argument for MVP, you'd be right. But the Pro Bowl? Nah.

Bob Sanders will get there on name alone. Troy and Ed Reed are easily the 2 best safeties in the NFL. I'm a big Bob Sanders fan, he's a local guy, but he's not nearly as good overall as Troy and Reed.

Most NFL fans just look for people whose names they recognize when they vote. That's what I did when I was a kid.

My question is, which Johnson is that at RB? Chris, I'd agree with. Larry, there's a problem. Chase didn't put a first name in his post.

And Chase, Bulluck is another case of name recognition getting the nod with the fans. He's out-tackled Woodley 80-53, but he's got 0.5 sacks to Woodley's 11.5, hasn't forced a fumble where Woodley's forced two, and doesn't have a TD, which Woodley does. He just gets props for basically being the QB of the Titans' defense.

Some of that is just Kevin Spacey gay. Jake Long has helped Cleveland do nothing but suck a series of dicks,Favre making the quarterbacks spot over anybody is a laugh and what the fuck does Mike Roos have to do to get to Hawaii?

Jake Long is a Dolphin.

Fuck, I was thinking Joe Thomas. Yeah, Long deserves it, but it should be Roos and Long. Aaron Smith can suck it, I don't care how good a run stopper he is. Favre, of course, can choke on Peter King's nutsack and LT needs a swift headbutt. And Bulluck is basically there because he's a run stopper as well, problem is he's an outside linebacker and has half a sack on the season. Fuck, even I can admit Woodley deserves the spot more, but even Terrell Suggs is a better choice than Bulluck. Also, Big Ben has done bastard all for the Steelers, the defense has carried them. Cutler, on the other hand, is the opposite, he's been the only thing keeping the Broncos going at times, what with his running backs dropping like flies and his defense cowering whenever the ball goes near them. Ecch...just another example of how goddamn bad we are collectively at making decisions.

Eh, I don't mind Sproles so much. He's number 2 in all purpose yards behind Washington. Only real difference is that he's the bright spot on a team where nobody else has shown up and Washington is just one of like 5 guys overacheiving on the Jets.

Pennington over Favre absolutely.

I'm just wondering how ugly it's going to get in Dallas today.

EDIT - and yeah, thank you TO for showing us all you are indeed a piece of shit. Let's fight .... clearly the answer.

Edited by HailtotheKing

Ugh, first week of the FF League playoffs, Frank Gore is out so I have to use fucking Sammy Morris

Edited by Merry Christmaxx

Fuck Rob Bironas. He seems to get as many points as my fucking running backs everytime I've played this one guy. I lost to him both times in the regular season and got stuck with him in the first round of the playoffs. Beating him atm, with Kurt Warner, TO, and Jeff Reed left after the first games. He has Peterson, Fitzgerald, Marshall, Witten, and the Steelers defense. <_<