Formula One 2008

Katsuya

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the blue hell Glock stopped in the last turn and let Hamilton and Vettel pass? :angry:

He was on the wrong tires, so there may have been a technical problem. Otherwise, was very weird ending.

Something VERY dodgy happened there if you ask me, Glock slowed down incredibly towards the end of the lap, but seemed to regain speed once Hamilton took over.l

Massa is on the verge of tears and I can understand why, poor bloke.

I'm happy Hamilton wins the Driver's Championship.

Two years in a row with the last race deciding the winner. Amazing.

Massa certainly looks like he doesn't know whether to cry out of frustration or joy, but dammit, the guy wins his home GP. The ending could've been worse for him.

Hopefully whatever controversy that comes out of this gets resolved quickly though.

Edited by maninblack

Holy. Fuck. He's got it. He's lost it. He's got it. He's lost it.

Glock lost 18 seconds in that last lap, apparently because he was on dry tyres and Vettel and Hamilton changed to intermediates. I feel so bad for Massa, I hope he'll be champion one year because that's no way to have a championship taken away from you like that. When he crossed the line, everyone was in places that made him the champion.

What a finish though, I've truly never seen anything like that. I still don't know how Glock lost 18 seconds.

To sum everything up - Vettel passed Hamilton with about 2 laps to go that made Massa the champion. Hamilton tried to pass on the last couple of laps but couldn't, and then from out of nowhere Glock (who was ahead of Vettel) slowed to a crawl and Vettel and Hamilton passed, meaning Hamilton gained the position up to 5th place that he needed.

Something VERY dodgy happened there if you ask me, Glock slowed down incredibly towards the end of the lap, but seemed to regain speed once Hamilton took over.

Bollocks. Although Glock was on the wrong tyres, let's not forget that he was on those tyres for at least twenty laps before the end. They would've been incredibly worn anyway no matter the weather conditions.

Something VERY dodgy happened there if you ask me, Glock slowed down incredibly towards the end of the lap, but seemed to regain speed once Hamilton took over.

Bollocks. Although Glock was on the wrong tyres, let's not forget that he was on those tyres for at least twenty laps before the end. They would've been incredibly worn anyway no matter the weather conditions.

Also once the temperature of the dry tyre drops it becomes less gripy, which means you have to slow down, which makes the temperature of the dry tyres drop so they become less gripy, which means you have to slow down, etc...

You saw how much it fucking bucketed it down at the end, granted I felt really bad for Massa, but was glad Hamilton won in the end, and I am glad I am not like 50 as I am sure that would have given me a heart attack by the end, what a fnatastic way to end a fantastic season, all I can do is ask for more of the same next year! Roll on Melbourne 2009, see you on the BBC!

PS. Gutted for Coulthard, the man is an absolute legend in my eyes and deserved better in his last race than to be decimated by the 2 Williams on the first corner. Bye bye David and thank you!