Scrubs

Benji

Guest Mr. Potato Head
...wtf?

What are you WTFing?

I explain it more fully in my blog (:shifty:), but this was the worst episode of Scrubs I can remember, and I've seen all except maybe a couple from last year pre-strike. The excuse to get everyone to the Bahamas was ridiculous, NOBODY wants to see JD and Elliot having more relationship trouble, Carla as a full-force mom would be okay if Izzy hadn't been ignored for the entire season up until this episode, and if you're going to pay homage to the Brady Bunch, you don't reference what you're homaging at every turn!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow. I loved this episode. Shawn and Kim being back is great. I hope they appear in more episodes this season.

I truly am surprised. Last season I wanted Scrubs to end. Now I want another season. Even if JD, Elliot, Turk, Carla, and Cox arent regulars, have the interns have their own season, throw Janitor and Bob in as main characters, then have the other five make special appearances.

I don't know fellas, I don't think I want Scrubs without JD and Turk. The show is their journey, and without them, the spirit of it is lost. Makes me think of the That 70s Show episodes after Topher left. Scrubs wouldn't be that bad because the interns are interesting...but there's no way they could make it feel quite right, in my opinion.

Edited by AboveAverage

just like you jsut said AboveAverage, taking Turk and J.D. from the show would be very tough, many people would stop watching since the program is about J.D. mainly and Turk, beign J.D.'s best friend, is in second but yeah, maybe if they plan to make a few more seasons, they shoudl starts working on their next stars (the interns) and start to build them up so they're interesting to us

Guest Mr. Pringles Head

Yes, last night's episode calmed me down a lot. Don't really like Kim/Shaun though, it feels too much like their entire purpose is "these guys used to be dating JD/Elliot AND NOW THEY'RE IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER ISN'T THAT WACKY?".

Guest Mr. Pringles Head

What do you mean nobody picked up on it? I noticed it, I bet nearly everybody who watched the show was able to figure out what he was singing.

Can't believe I missed that Van was Bill Lawrence first time through.

EDIT: Also, just checked the last two episodes on Scrubs Wiki and holy fuck is the finalé stacked for good measure, so many classic characters who haven't been seen in too long ^_^

Edited by Benji

Guest Mr. Potato Head

According to something I heard on the radio yesterday, ABC has renewed a bunch of shows for next year, Scrubs was not among them. Doesn't mean there won't be more, but it does lengthen the odds significantly. :(

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'm not exactly sure *why* all my news on Scrubs is coming from local radio, but I heard today that ABC's in talks for a ninth season "with some or all of the main cast".

I'm not exactly sure *why* all my news on Scrubs is coming from local radio, but I heard today that ABC's in talks for a ninth season "with some or all of the main cast".

ABC is in talks to renew Scrubs for a ninth season, but one stumbling block is the availability of original cast members, none of whom have deals beyond this current season.

Both Zach Braff and Judy Reyes have said that this is their final year on the show, though Braff as of late has hinted he might be game for the occasional drop-by.

Donald Faison, John C. McGinley and Neil Flynn this spring all booked pilots which, if picked up, get first priority. In such a scenario, Turk, Dr. Cox and Janitor would at most be recurring characters.

Sarah Chalke, who recently filmed the Lifetime miniseries Maneater, has in interviews left open the door for a return.

A salvaged Scrubs also could focus on new interns introduced this year and played by Sonal Shah, Eliza Coupe, Betsy Beutler and Todd Bosley.

In addition to cast concerns, there is the matter of (of course) money — namely. how low a licensing fee ABC can pay Scrubs producer ABC Studios for another season.

Series creator Bill Lawrence is said to be heavily involved in the renewal talks, even though he, too, has a new project on deck — the Courteney Cox-fronted comedy pilot Cougar Town — and thus could be pulling double duty.

Originally an NBC series, Scrubs has performed decently for ABC this season, delivering a modest audience yet skewing toward desirable upscale demos. It also serves as a good lead-in for freshman laffer Better Off Ted, which itself is being eyed for renewal.

Oh for fucks sake, kill the damn thing dead, I'm sick of it going to the wire every year - nobody gives a shit anymore, nobody's crying out for more series, it's an "eh, I'll watch/do it if it stays, but don't really care" situation from fans and staff alike.