Doctor Who

Benji

It was fine, predictable and not a home run like last week but a perfectly good mid-series filler episode; plus as they say, 'E by, by gum.'

I enjoyed it, just hope the 'oh no, theres two of us, what do we do?' storyline ends in a more interesting way than clone Arnie being happy to disappear on a yacht at the end of the 6th Day...

So is Doctor Who delayed in the U.K. next week, too? Or just here? BBC America is doing a Doctor Who marathon next week but not showing the next episode until June 4th.

And I saw the ending coming a mile away.

When the Doctor scanned the Flesh with the sonic screwdriver and said it felt like it was scanning him, I figured we'd get a Ganger Doctor.

I think I've seen the actress playing Jennifer somewhere before, though I am not sure where. But she's cute.

I enjoyed it, despite its predictability. I also think we may have now seen the thing that explains one of the major loose ends from episode 1.

An interesting note from the TARDIS wiki; River says no one must be allowed to take a single cell of the Doctor. However, every story since then has featured alien creatures stealing some piece of Gallifreyan biology (from the Doctor himself in The Curse of the Black Spot, The Rebel Flesh and from the TARDIS in The Doctor's Wife.

An interesting note from the TARDIS wiki; River says no one must be allowed to take a single cell of the Doctor. However, every story since then has featured alien creatures stealing some piece of Gallifreyan biology (from the Doctor himself in The Curse of the Black Spot, The Rebel Flesh and from the TARDIS in The Doctor's Wife.

But they did it in The Doctor's Daughter without consequence

River didn't say that no one was allowed to get a single cell of the Doctor, just that a Time Lord's body is so valuable that it would just be too dangerous to risk it falling into the wrong hands. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with somebody getting part of his body, but if the Cybermen, Daleks etc. get hold of it, we're fucked.

Also, Rory joked about dying/almost dying all the time. This pretty much cements it to me that this is going somewhere. Or, at the very least, that it's a writers' in-joke.

Very clever distraction tactics by the writers. Spend the series wondering what's going to happen about Rory's death and The Doctor's death, only to have it be Amy who "dies". Clever twist. Still, the episodes themselves were utter shite. Definitely would've been better as a single episode. Also, whoever cast that little kid is awful. He felt so awkward in his scenes that it took me right out of the episode.

So this may have been asked somewhere in this thread before, and if it has, I apologize in advance: If someone was interested in getting into doctor Who, what's the best place to start? I sort of know the basic premise behind the series, which means I know enough to know that there's a TON of episodes out there with various people in them. It's more than a little intimidating. So what would everyone here suggest as far as a good starting place?

The last episode was complete tosh; with only the last 90 seconds and the odd reference to past Doctors being good at all. It's a shame, because the deformed doom-like monster at the end could have made for quite a good horror episode.

And Sheep; we literaly discussed that last on page 25. General consensus seems to be start with Season 6; which is where the current combination of Steven Moffat as Executive Producer, Matt Smith as the Doctor and Karen Gillan/Arthur Darvill as companions starts.

If you like, go back further in 'New Who,' starting with Season Two which is the start of David Tennant as the Doctor. His run contains no small amount of things which get referenced (or play an active part) in the Matt Smith stuff. Plus, there's a lot of brilliant episodes and Tenny :wub:

Then Season One of New Who isn't entirely without merit.

And then random classics; there's very rarely a need to watch any Classic's in a particular order. We can recommend stuff if and when you get to that point.

I actually like the last double ep - especially where Smith was given chance to shine. I do however think it would have been better as one of those slightly extended single eps, rather than a double. 70-75 minutes would've been fine. The ending was great, though, and quite a lot of the series now makes sense.

The last episode was complete tosh; with only the last 90 seconds and the odd reference to past Doctors being good at all. It's a shame, because the deformed doom-like monster at the end could have made for quite a good horror episode.

And Sheep; we literaly discussed that last on page 25. General consensus seems to be start with Season 6; which is where the current combination of Steven Moffat as Executive Producer, Matt Smith as the Doctor and Karen Gillan/Arthur Darvill as companions starts.

If you like, go back further in 'New Who,' starting with Season Two which is the start of David Tennant as the Doctor. His run contains no small amount of things which get referenced (or play an active part) in the Matt Smith stuff. Plus, there's a lot of brilliant episodes and Tenny :wub:

And then random classics; there's very rarely a need to watch any Classic's in a particular order. We can recommend stuff if and when you get to that point.

See, the number of posts I see per page means that this isn't even ON page 25 yet, and I didn't see it discussed in the last few pages I'm on. But thanks for the recommendations. I'll give those a try.

See, the number of posts I see per page means that this isn't even ON page 25 yet, and I didn't see it discussed in the last few pages I'm on. But thanks for the recommendations. I'll give those a try.

Start with Season One, from 2005, starring Eccleston. He did a bang up awesome job as The Doctor, and it will help make more sense of other characters in future seasons such as Rose and Captain Jack. Then go backwards if you really like the show and are all caught up to date and see the other 8 Doctors. And have a blast watching Who for the first time, it's a fucking fun show.

I loved the first two parts of what is obviously a three part mid season finale. I dont get the hate for it at all, but thats just me. Also if you haven't seen it yet....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-qtnYBhtFg&feature=player_embedded

I am stoked as all fuck for next week!

Have you seen the actual trailer?

The monks have a kind of lightning sword... Doctor Who vs The Sith anyone?

I loved the first two parts of what is obviously a three part mid season finale. I dont get the hate for it at all, but thats just me. Also if you haven't seen it yet....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-qtnYBhtFg&feature=player_embedded

I am stoked as all fuck for next week!

Have you seen the actual trailer?

The monks have a kind of lightning sword... Doctor Who vs The Sith anyone?

Oh hell yes! I am soooooooooooo excited.