Doctor Who

Benji

That's not what I was talking about. There were about two lines where Rory explained to her that he loved her for more than her looks. That'd have been okay once, but he made that point twice. That was for the audience's sake in case they didn't get it. Or at least that's the way it felt to me. It was just a tad too heavy handed at a point that didn't really need to be made for the audience's sake anyway.

I would think it's because she's become so stubborn and against Rory and The Doctor after the amount of time she was left alone that Rory needed to reassure her that it wasn't just her looks that he loved. Also, it would have been appropriate for the time it was said. The first time would have been when they first met, the second probably when the two Amy's were there and the only difference was "their looks".

That's not what I was talking about. There were about two lines where Rory explained to her that he loved her for more than her looks. That'd have been okay once, but he made that point twice. That was for the audience's sake in case they didn't get it. Or at least that's the way it felt to me. It was just a tad too heavy handed at a point that didn't really need to be made for the audience's sake anyway.

You realise the audience Doctor Who draws, right? They need to be heavy handed at times. The audience includes children as well. This isn't a freakin' subtle masterpiece and nor should it be.

That episode was bloody amazing - a lot of people I know didn't like it, but I say they're pricks. Loved it. An absolute masterclass of Rory. I actually welled up a bit at Amy explaining why she loved him, and felt genuinely a little angry at Rory's "you're trying to turn me into you!" - the Doctor really is a prick this season, and I can only see it getting worse. Which is fantastic. The Doctor lies.

My favourite part was the Doctor explaining to Rory that it's not "killing" the other Amy, she will never have existed....when that's exactly what happened to Rory. He's the one person who, even more than the Doctor, knows that's bullshit, knows that she won't be completely gone, and knows how it feels.

Rory's going to be the star of this series, even moreso than usual - I can only see the tension between him and the Doctor increasing as the Doctor continues to make questionable decisions, while Rory remains genuinely the moral compass of the show - he's never purposefully done a thing wrong, always been the nice guy. I don't think that him being a nurse travelling with the Doctor is a coincidence, either, even if it's just a relatively subtle indication of their differences.

I still think it's Rory that River will kill - "the greatest man she ever knew". The Doctor's not that great, while Rory's the genuine good guy. I also think Rory's death is a fixed point in time that needs to happen to set off something big, and that's why he's somehow managed to "survive" dying multiple times already. I'd have thought that would be the end of this series, but Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan have both said they'll be back next time.

There's still more we don't know about Amy, too - Gillan's said that Moffat has told her a big secret about Amy that no one else knows, and there's still this sense in the show that the universe somehow revolves around her, that she's the special one, perhaps moreso than the Doctor himself. Not so much this season, but certainly in her first, and I don't think that's gone away yet. There's something big coming, and I think her having somehow constructed her own Sonic Screwdriver, even after 36 years surviving on her own in a futuristic world, shows that she's capable of more than we've given her credit for.

I'd have thought that would be the end of this series, but Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan have both said they'll be back next time.

Take everything you read in interviews with a pinch of salt, Moffat has stated that he has made it a policy for he and his crew to tell outright lies from time to time, just to make sure anything could potentially be a curveball. Still, hoping he wasn't lying about that - I'd sooner see Amy die than Rory at this point.

I'd have thought that would be the end of this series, but Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan have both said they'll be back next time.

Take everything you read in interviews with a pinch of salt, Moffat has stated that he has made it a policy for he and his crew to tell outright lies from time to time, just to make sure anything could potentially be a curveball. Still, hoping he wasn't lying about that - I'd sooner see Amy die than Rory at this point.

Yeah, I try not to get too caught up in press gossip, though this makes sense - they're both busy doing other things next year (Gillan doing other TV work, Darvill on stage in Dr. Faustus etc.), but we're not getting a full series, so it's not necessary to replace them as companions - we can just get a one-off "companion" or two for each episode, while Amy & Rory are the "stay at home" help, make a couple of cameos, and pop up in the finale, for a full-blown return the following year. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

The problem will killing off Amy is that Rory no longer has any purpose - he only travels with the Doctor because of Amy, he only really lives for Amy. So unless we just end on Rory as a useless, broken man, or have him TURN TO THE DARK SIDE and just flip out on the Doctor, it leaves his character in a pretty weird place.

Rory's one of my all-time favourite Who characters, so I want him and Amy around as long as possible. The chemistry they have with each other, and with Matt Smith, is just too good to give up, and all three of them deserve as long a run as they want.

For more of a filler episode, outside of continuing the whole Doctor feeling he only puts others in danger thing, it was really enjoyable. The Doctor interacting with the baby was great, as was his "Ive got an app for that" line (at least I assume that is what he said). Stormageddon has to be the greatest name for a baby ever. I can only wish there is an episode down the line where The Doctor works at/goes undercover at a daycare so we get more baby-doctor goodness.

I seriously cannot wait until next week to see the season finale, nor do I want it to come because itll mean having to wait months for a new season.

Oh, and fuck the writers for teasing me with Amy and Rory :angry:

I do have to say, Matt Smith is starting to become my favorite Doctor. I LOVED Tennant, but Smith... I dont even know. Rewatching the clip of him telling the Atraxi to bugger off, and other clips, sends chills down my spine.

Edited by Vitamin E

I seriously cannot wait until next week to see the season finale, nor do I want it to come because itll mean having to wait months for a new season.

A year series 7 won't start until next Autumn.

Enjoy the current run of Doctor Who while it lasts because the wait for the next series is going to be a lengthy one.

Doctor Who Magazine has officially confirmed what has been clear for a while now – Series 7 will not air until Autumn 2012.

With the 9 month shoot on the seventh series not beginning until February 2012, it would have been impossible for the traditional Spring start. The best we could hope for would be an Easter special to make the long gap easier to swallow.

It seems likely that only half of Series 7 will be shown in Autumn 2012, with the remainder coming early 2013. This means the Christmas 2012 episode would air in the middle of a series rather than the end.

It would also mean that 2013 would see an eighth series airing in time for the 50th anniversary.

For clarity, our schedule prediction would be:

Easter Special

Autumn – Series 7 Part 1

Christmas Special

Spring – Series 7 Part 2

Autumn – Series 8

Christmas Special

Credit> Doctorwho.tv

I thought last nights episode was good and I do love the fact The Doctor can talk baby next weeks looks like it's going to be great but I don't see how they will be able to resolve everything in just 1 episode.

That was a lot of fun. Smith and Corden (who I'm not normally a fan of at all) have a lot of chemistry and the script was hilarious. It all got resolved a little quickly; but for a fun filler episode, I don't really care. More top stuff.

And waiting a year for a series sucks, but there's always the Christmas special.

Edited by Yoshihiro timmayyama

Why do I seem to recall already knowing that the Doctor can talk to babies? Have they used it before?

And waiting a year for a series sucks, but there's always the Christmas special.

They might do an Easter Special too, like they did last time there was a long gap between series.

That was a lot of fun. Smith and Corden (who I'm not normally a fan of at all) have a lot of chemistry

This. Their chemistry reminds me of the way Catherine Tate came in. Someone I really don't care for, and The Doctor just somehow makes them brilliant. If Amy and Rory don't come back next year, I hope Stormy and Craig get a brief run in the TARDIS.

I thought that last episode was great. From the script, through to the acting it was top quality - especially for a 'filler' episode. :)

A year series 7 won't start until next Autumn.

I wish I could hurt people via a button on the internet now :crying: