Doctor Who

Benji

This is fast beconing the worst season in Doctor Who. Companion is uninteresting, Doctor has become generic, poor stories and supporting characters, over use of the fuckibg screwdriver to get out of things, not even any real focus on an arcing mystery. Awful. Just glad there's only 5 more episodes to the season rather than wasting 13 episodes on this tripe.

I didn't mind that one. It was cheap Alien knock-off ("it's in the walls!") plus Doctor Who. It was generic, with a bit of a cop-out ending, and some ill-defined "Sonic Screwdriver does a thing" bits, but there have been much worse. I'd still take this over anything with Ecclestone, at least.

I must admit, I enjoyed that. It wasn't the best episode ever, or anything new or different, but it did what it was supposed to.

Next weeks episode looks pretty good too, I like the concept of a ghost story in Doctor Who, and there has been a few good ones in the past too.

I said it before and i'll say it again. Please come back RTD.

No. Then you'd get episodes ending with THE DOCTOR IS JESUS every week.

• Like 4

my brother asked me what one story of the doctor who reboot to watch to see if he'll like the show and i was like “Dalek. no fathers day. no empty child. no girl in the fireplace. no impossible planet. no human nature. no blink. no planet of the ood. no silence in the library. no midnight. no time of the angels. no vincent and the doctor. no the god complex. no angels take manhattan. no bells of saint john.”
i really can’t decide which to suggest.
i’m leaning towards midnight or vincent.
advice?

Girl in the fireplace for a Doctor heavy episode, Blink for showing that even without the main character, the show is awesome.

Which reminds me, as much as I disliked RTD in general, does anyone else miss the formula his seasons used to use? Having a Doctor-light episode, a travel to the past episode etc.

All were production errors or tongue in cheek winks to the fact people ask him "Doctor... Doctor Who?" Heck, in one of these last few episodes he even made a conscious effort to point out that it was NOT Doctor Who, just "The Doctor". Doctor Who has never canonically been confirmed as his name.