Doctor Who

Benji

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/12/2020 at 00:37, Lineker said:

On 01/12/2020 at 05:17, GhostMachine said:

Oh, there's a MAJOR spoiler right at the frickin' beginning of the article, regarding someone appearing in it. Fortunately, its one I already knew about.

To be fair to the spoiler, if you've seen the trailer then you already know. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thought the winter special was decent, if nothing special. 

As for the post-show announcement... 

Spoiler

John Bishop as a new companion? Could be decent I guess. 

It was a bit kind of there wasn't it. Fairly generic dalek episode (and the second time in nu Who where they've used "humans make daleks who inevitably go bad") with a weak conclusion, and the leaving scene was pretty basic given we already knew about it. Perfectly fine, but not something I'd ever watch again.

I enjoyed it, wasn't blown away but don't need to be by every episode. It wasn't a patch on the return of The Master last New Year but it didn't need to be.

John Bishop is...sure. I would've been happy with just Thirteen and Yaz to be honest but I'm glad Mandip Gill is sticking around at any rate.

I enjoyed it, although some of that was just being glad Doctor Who was on the telly again.

Spoiler

Glad Chibnall isn't afraid to get a little political. This wasn't particularly biting or current but healthily cynical none the less. 

I quite like the idea of humanity trying to make its own defensive drones out of daleks. Rings depressingly true.

Its interesting that after Moffat effectively reset everything they've gone back to current day earth witnessing a dalek attack. 

Gwen reference was a nice touch. 

I'm in two minds about the departures. They were very understated compared to what we got in Moffat's era (Clara's exit being particularly overblown). This probably wasn't the moment for a big tearful goodbye. That said, I really expected a big scene between the Doctor and Graham and was a bit disappointed we didn't get one.

I'm unfairly sceptical about the John Bishop casting. People were sceptical about Bradley Walsh and Catherine Tate and they were both good choices (Tate is still one of my favourite modern companions). I guess we'll see.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It looks like Jack Harkness/John Barrowman is getting cancelled from future Doctor Who products, Big Finish have dropped him and an upcoming Torchwood release, guess that's what happens when your shitty past catches up with you.

If you are unaware, he was known to getting his genitals out on set and hitting people with it and resting it on other cast members, it came up after the Noel Clarke stuff came out and people pulled up a clip from a con of Clarke describing Barrowman's actions.

One factor his defenders use is that after being on a radio show in 2008 and getting it out live on air, he was made to apologise and hasn't done it since.

Doesn't change the fact he still did it though, and I could get him fucking about like that with Tennent and Piper since their the main stars and would have bonded, it's when you get stories of asking random crew to his dressing room and flashing them when they opened the door, if someone did that anywhere else it's considered indecent exposure and that's a sexual offence.

Additional

While he was reprimanded and made to apologise in 2008 by a producer on Torchwood, he admits to doing the same kinda stuff when he was on Arrow, four years later!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/arrow-season-three-spoilers-18752512

Edited by TheWho87
Correcting the end a bit better, added additional and source

• 1 month later...