ESPN NFL 2K5 or Madden NFL 2005?

Guest apeschris0

What should I buy?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should I buy?

• Buy ESPN 2K5 ($19.99)
    • Save up for Madden '05 ($49.99)

Guest apeschris0

Well ESPN NFL 2K5 was just released 2 days ago for $20! I'm not thinking this is a bad game b/c I've played the first ESPN games and they rocked!

If you think about it, all that EA Sports really changes in a new Madden game every year is the user interface, boxart, rosters and music, so I don't see the point. Besides, ESPN is cheaper.

Well ESPN NFL 2K5 was just released 2 days ago for $20! I'm not thinking this is a bad game b/c I've played the first ESPN games and they rocked!

If you think about it, all that EA Sports really changes in a new Madden game every year is the user interface, boxart, rosters and music, so I don't see the point. Besides, ESPN is cheaper.

I think this topic was decided before you ever hit "Submit Post".

You've got to check out the re-tooling of Franchise Mode on Madden. Players now have personalities based on their stats, so gone are the days where the only thing you would have to worry about in getting two great centers was the price tag. Now, if a great player has to sit on the bench, they'll let you know what they think. Also, players will take more factors into signing with a team (older players will go for a team that is likely to win, while youngsters go for the more high-profile markets.)

Throw onto the list a tweaked free agency system, enchanced draft-trading, and a gameplay system that does away with a lot of the "unorthodox/cheesing" play calling from '04, and Madden '05 is my pick, regardless of price. I've been paying $50 for most new games for years now, so what's one more?

I bought 2K5 and it is an amazing game. You may find it frustrating at first but let me say PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE! This game has so much depth and is way more realistic. I am not going to say it's better that Madden 05 cause I haven't played it (and it's not out yet). But so far, I love 2K5. Buy 2K5 and rent Madden 05. If you like it, then get Madden as well. That's what I'm gonna do.

My brother got 2K5 yesterday and I'm not quite used to it yet. I haven't played that series since 2K1 on DC. Right now I'd have to go with Madden.

That was another factor that made me pick Madden despite price... I'm not sure if I could adapt to ESPN after 10 years of playing only Madden.

I just got ESPN yesterday and it's really good.

The ratings could use a lot of work though (They only have a few pictures of the rookies taken in the draft and they are rated very pessimistically...Derrick Strait is a 26 overall with 5 tackling, i think)

Guest EriKBN

I'm personally facing the same predicament. I haven't bought a football game since Madden 03, so I don't know which I want. It's tough to beat 20 dollars... though the 15th anniversary edition of Madden looks really sweet.

Guest Future Shock

USUALLY with Madden, they change almost nothing from year to year. But this is entirely incorrect this year: Retooling of Franchise, like Midget said, and online play for XBox. Both of those are HUGE. And the collectors edition? I remember playing the 93 version of Madden like last year, and loving it. Get the Collector's Version, and ESPN.