Alien vs. Predator

THIR13EN²

The remake of DOTD was nowhere near as good as the first one. When they learn that a horror film should not have comedy in, then they might succede in making a better remake. The old version's of horrors were ALWAYS more horror style than the new crap. Whether it did have shit effects and stuff, it was always still better.

As for this movie, a friend of mine wants to see this so I might go along. Predator is way better, never liked Alien.

4. Too much goddamn focus on Liu Kang. Robin Shou is a passable actor and a good martial artist, but lets face it: Jax, Johnny Cage, the new Sub Zero, or even  Sonya Blade would have all been better choices for the focus of the sequel.

Well, to be fair, the storyline of Mortal Kombat DOES revolve around Liu Kang. He's the main character, and the 'true' winner of the tournament. And I believe they killed Johnny Cage off because they took him out of the game, although they should have just sent him back to Hollywood. Cage > all though, best character in the game.

As for AvP, I had high hopes for it, as Predator just may be the most kickass movie 'alien' of all time. I thought Aliens and Predators were supposed to be 'rivals' or something. No need for humans, although, in the video game, humans and predators joined forces to kill the aliens. I loved that arcade game.

The rating is official. It is PG-13, which certainly in my mind echoes the exact thing that everyone has been saying, IT WILL SUCK.

That's the word, but until it shows up on MPAA.org I'm not saying anything.

All the previews I've seen have said PG-13.

Personally, I know this movie will bomb, but I'm still a huge fan of both franchises and will watch it probably on opening weekend.

As for AvP, I had high hopes for it, as Predator just may be the most kickass movie 'alien' of all time. I thought Aliens and Predators were supposed to be 'rivals' or something. No need for humans, although, in the video game, humans and predators joined forces to kill the aliens. I loved that arcade game.

Well, the whole storyline between the relationship between the aliens and predators is revealed in the books, the predators put alien eggs on the palnet in the first alien. And if I remember correctly, the aliens were pets for the predators, and revolted, and the aliens go out and kill everything, and for one last hope to save life in the universe as they know it, the humans team with the predators.

Anyways, before I even played that lil' arcade game, I had Alien and Predator action figures, and the one predator had pieces of an alien on him, like the tail wrapped around the arm. And I always wanted to see these two races fight it out in a movie, since I have always been a fan of both franchises, but as I said in my earlier post, reason this movie will suck, is because of no ripley.

It's gonna be a hollywood teen film ain't it.

Absolute disgrace.

Raping the Alien se r ies for all it's worth.

The reason why the original Alien is one of the greatest films ever is that it was completely understated.

It took an HOUR before you actually saw the facehugger attack John Hurt.

And even in the hyperactive Aliens it still took nearly that long!

Both films built tension to breaking point, t he s econd building on stuff youknew frm the first.

How many people are gonna be dead within an hour in this disgrace of a film?

Also, no Sigourney Weaver who let's be honest, was the lynchpin of all the Alien films, in fact her performance in the otherwise average Resurrection was a class performance.

I guess she's just too old to be trendy these days.

Also, the Aliens look rubbish compared to the original Giger monsters, the settings have been lost and I do n't really car e for the Predator side of things either.

Predator worked as a one-off film .

Let Alien rest in it 's lovely Quadrology box set.

I quite enjoyed Resident Evil, it had nothing to do with the games but that's not a problem. Too many people died from non-zombie att acks though and setting it in the underground base wasn't grea t.

However it was kinda cool and Milla Jovovich is of coure lovely and put in a decent performance. I'm looking forward to the second one though I've seen nothing of it, and hope to see some form of Nemesis floating around. Less metal music would be nice though.

Mortal Kombat was coolios. MK2 was not. Sub Zero is of course the coolest character along with Johnny Cage and they go and kill the Cagester. The plot and effects were laughable and Kitana lost all her sexy mystique from the first film.

And I thought we'd progressed in special effects from the Hausenhausen (or whatever h is name is) clay skeleton effects from the days of Jason and the Arganauts

PG-13? :blink:

Ohboy, this is gonna suck. And to think I was waiting for this movie...

This sucks, I'm a big fan of the Alien Quadrilogy (I even liked the last two movies, which weren't the greatest according to most fans), and I also liked the Predator movies, and this is gonna rape both movies so bad...

I hope Predator wins. Alien sucked. It really did.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WINS!

lol.

Seriously though...

IT...

WILL....

SUCK.

Alan Silvestri isn't doing the music. I loved the music he did for Predator and Predator 2.

Even in that shitty sequel that I'm writing, I'm hearing the Predator theme though it all...

As far as the Alien side..

They're Aliens. Give 'em a hug! Or don't.

Aliens...doesn't need music. Just kills you. End of story.

Predators...need music.

Oh well....

Whatever takes Anderson's mind off of doing the GTA movie.

That was a joke.