Alien vs. Predator

THIR13EN²

I'm so looking forward to this AVP movie coming out next month. Being the very big Predator fan that i'am, I can't wait to see the Predator's kick some major ass in this movie. I just wanted to know what all of you guys think about this movie, and if anyones as pumped as i'am for the release. I do have a feeling that this movie might end up just like Freddy vs. Jason, with there not being a true winner at the end, but maybe that's the best way...to make everyone happy...

i think it could turn out to be pretty decent. The preview wasnt that bad, and i did like the Predator movies. I never saw most of the Alien series, but from what i saw, they werent that bad either.

It was looking good a few months back, but now that they're airing commercials on television, I'm not so sure. With all the humans involved, it just looks like Freddy vs. Jason only with multiple Aliens and multiple Predators. The humans will serve no purpose other than getting killed and annoy the audience. When will Hollywood realize, we don't need humans in sci-fi movies. You know, it worked in FvsJ, because both of the villains need too kill teenagers. But Aliens and Predators are just evil killing machines that will kill ANYTHING. Why not just have them kill each other? This script should write itself: Alien meets Predator, Alien kills Predator, Predator kills Alien. There ya go, Summer action movie without all that silly dialogue.

Well, I'm a huge Alien fan, so I'll end up going to see it, but I don't have high hopes. I expect it'll flop, and it'll be really poor. I am looking forward to it though.

The sub-title for it should be " Whoever wins....this movie will still suck " :shifty:

As others have said i see this as flopping. It granted came from a good concept, but like FvJ it'll be done the wrong way. And most likely like in FvJ no true winner will be crowned. So the alien fans and the pred fans will all go home happy if not a bit disappointed. I didn't mind either movie series despite the fact that the first one of pred i didn't care for and they dragged the alien series about as far as it'll go. And as others have said, why even bring humans into this one? I mean yes it'll fill up most of the time to make this movie appear to look good and long, but really we'll probably get 40 minutes of mindless dumbasses getting killed by both preds and aliens and then a 15 " main event " which'll be ended in a draw. It would be like if WMXX only had a bunch of diva matches as it's undercard then the Main Event was a Hell in a Cell elimination eight-way between Ric Flair, Rock, Austin, Hogan, Chris Jericho, HHH, Kurt Angle, Undertaker and it ended in HHH and taker eliminating every one else and then ending it in a draw by double D.Q. :rolleyes:

I'm also a huge Aliens fan and I can honestly say I will not waste my hard-earned money and that bullshit of a movie.

I found out about this movie when I was in the theatres. Me and some friends were waiting for another one of out friend to get out of the can, when I saw a standie with a picture of the Alien on it! My jaw dropped, but then a guy moved and I saw the rest of the standie with the Predator. I yelled Fuck really loud (cause I was pissed) and a birthday party of like twenty 6 years olds started stareing at me.

I think it will be a "whoever wins, we(the paying customer) lose" situation. I have yet to see a totally positive review from screenings. Many have compared it to Resident Evil.....a film which I thought sucked a big one.(And the sequel looks just as bad)

Every review has also pointed out that

MILDEST SPOILERS POSSIBLE

The Alien and Predator's fights are too often, and you're tired of seeing them before the halfway point of the movie.

END VERY TAME SPOILERS

I'll see it, looks to be disappointing.

Edited by Numbahs

I was interested the first time I heard about it, but that just slid down the crapper. I don't really care about this movie, but just for the sake of it, I'll watch it.

Off-Topic: Catwomen is going to Bomb, the reviews are funny, just had to point that out. Oh and Harry Potter isn't in the Top 10 anymore :angry: (I had to spill my anger out somewhere)

Back to the topic:

Does anyone know who wins in the movie? I heard that there is an actual winner?

Edited by Laice_

I think it will be a "whoever wins, we(the paying customer) lose" situation.  I have yet to see a totally positive review from screenings.  Many have compared it to Resident Evil.....a film which I thought sucked a big one.(And the sequel looks just as bad)

That might make sense since the director for that and AvP is Paul Anderson.

Its too bad that Arnold Schwartzenegger is Governor of California now, because I think it would've been cool to have a swerve at the end:

One Alien and one Predator are fighting it out - either because they're the last ones left alive on the planet, or as a compromise where whichever one wins, their side wins the war. All of a sudden, Arnold appears, armed with a big ass machine-gun and dressed in camo. Looks like he's playing his character from the first Predator movie again. The Alien and Predator both go after him and manage to grab him, and the Alien drips acid all over him....which eats away his flesh, revealing a Terminator endoskeleton!

Arnold dispatches both of them, and the bad news is, its an evil Terminator, like from the first Terminator movie, NOT one re-programmed to guard John Connor!

Either that, or they fight it out in a city, only for the victor to be blown away by....Robocop! :thumbsup:

This movei could be intresting, but due to the Mr Paul "OMG It's a video game so let's make it into a movie" Anderson, it will suck.

Mortal Kombat

Resident Evil

Aliens vs Predator

And yes, I do realize that AvP was a comic, it was also a video game on the SNES, which is where, sadly, I feel Mr. Anderson probably got the idea, based on his previous movie projects.

What's worse, is that they actually okayed sequels. Mortal Kombat Annihilation, anyone?

*sighs*

Just fucking wonderful

Anyways, the only thing I can say about AvP, is that they better use the music from Predator 1 and 2...it's just not Predator without that drum beat.

BUT, since it's Paul Anderson, it'll be butchered with a Techno-Metal soundtrack.

That might make sense since the director for that and AvP is Paul Anderson.

I know, I meant more in the sense of "if you like RE, AvP should be right up your alley because it has bad acting, stuff that doesn't make sense, and swerves that don't matter".

Well, I guess now I don't have to write my thoughts on Resident Evil... :ohwell:

THe sad part is I could of made a better Resident Evil movie then Paul Anderson. Well, maybe not, but I could of made up better ideas....like making it inside a mansion! I do have hopes for the sequal. As for AVP, I hope I'm surprised and enjoy the movie for what it is. I liked FvJ...so you never know.

THe sad part is I could of made a better Resident Evil movie then Paul Anderson.  Well, maybe not, but I could of made up better ideas....like making it inside a mansion!

No doubt. The remake of Dawn Of The Dead is kinda the way an RE movie should've been...IMO.

No doubt.  The remake of Dawn Of The Dead is kinda the way an RE movie should've been...IMO.

Exactly. I LOVED the DotD remake. It was fun, true to the original, and still had a new-age feel to it... plus, Richard Cheese singing Down With The Sickness while they were picking off Zombies from the roof...that had me laughing so fucking hard.

This movei could be intresting,  but due to the Mr Paul "OMG It's a video game so let's make it into a movie" Anderson, it will suck.

Mortal Kombat

Resident Evil

Aliens vs Predator

And yes, I do realize that AvP was a comic, it was also a video game on the SNES, which is where, sadly, I feel Mr. Anderson probably got the idea, based on his previous movie projects.

What's worse, is that they actually okayed sequels. Mortal Kombat Annihilation, anyone?

*sighs*

Hey, don't be knocking the first Mortal Kombat movie. The first one was great! (Its easily the best movie based on a video game.)

Lets look at reasons why the second one sucked (although, I do agree the directing was awful, but its not the only thing to blame):

1. They killed off Johnny Cage, who was my favorite character in the first movie. Linden Ashby was so damn bad-ass as Cage in the first movie. (Good news is, he's coming back as Johnny Cage somehow for the third sequel...if the damn thing actually gets made, that is)

2. The guy who replaced Christopher Lambert as Raiden sucked ass. Mainly because he was completely wrong for the part.

3. Most of the characters from the newer MK games either didn't appear at all, or had what amounted to `blink and you'll miss it' cameos.

4. Too much goddamn focus on Liu Kang. Robin Shou is a passable actor and a good martial artist, but lets face it: Jax, Johnny Cage, the new Sub Zero, or even Sonya Blade would have all been better choices for the focus of the sequel.

5. The final battle was complete garbage.

6. Not enough special effects, since it had a lower budget than the first. MK NEEDS special effects.

I hope they add some of the new characters from Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, particularly the blind guy with the telekinetic powers and the winged vampire woman, to the third movie, or put them in a fourth if they make one.

Edited by GhostMachine

Hey, don't be knocking the first Mortal Kombat movie. The first one was great! (Its easily the best movie based on a video game.)

Lets look at reasons why the second one sucked (although, I do agree the directing was awful, but its not the only thing to blame):

1. They killed off Johnny Cage, who was my favorite character in the first movie. Linden Ashby was so damn bad-ass as Cage in the first movie. (Good news is, he's coming back as Johnny Cage somehow for the third sequel...if the damn thing actually gets made, that is)

2. The guy who replaced Christopher Lambert as Raiden sucked ass. Mainly because he was completely wrong for the part.

3. Most of the characters from the newer MK games either didn't appear at all, or had what amounted to `blink and you'll miss it' cameos.

4. Too much goddamn focus on Liu Kang. Robin Shou is a passable actor and a good martial artist, but lets face it: Jax, Johnny Cage, the new Sub Zero, or even  Sonya Blade would have all been better choices for the focus of the sequel.

5. The final battle was complete garbage.

6. Not enough special effects, since it had a lower budget than the first. MK NEEDS special effects.

I hope they add some of the new characters from Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, particularly the blind guy with the telekinetic powers and the winged vampire woman, to the third movie, or put them in a fourth if they make one.

Not To mention the Story line succed.. And It to make if worse they didn't follow MK storylines at all.. Raiden and Shao Kahn Brothers?? Shao Kahn Shinnoks Son?? All that gets from me is one big WTF.. And Thirdly.. Shao Kahn without his mask is just lame..