The "Holy Shit, That Was Cool" Thread

Krone

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was cool more in the way I did it rather than a 'Holy Shit!' moment.

Warning: Endgame "Deal" Spoilers.

I was on Happiness Island, chasing Dmitri. I killed his goons, killed a few cops, and saw an open hot dog stand. I calmly bought one, which healed me (which was a godsend, as I had blinking red health then.)

Anyway, I run around the statue, and begin shooting at Dmitri, using the SMG because my Carbine ammo was running low. It got him down to four or so bars of health, so then I switched to the shotgun and shot Dmitri; he began running away, and I started walking after him, shooting. After three shots, he was down. It looked awesome, kinda like the Terminator. >_>

• 1 month later...

Only got the game the other day, two "holy shit, that was cool" moments,

One was doing a shooting star-press in a car! I was being chased by the rozzers, and didn't notice a low wall with a drop on the other side. I hit the wall and flipped, did a perfect SSP and landed on the other side and drove off. Looked fucking great.

Other time was when I did the mission where Faustein sends you to kill that guy on the train station platform. I shot his mate, and got the police after me, I chased the target across the platform and down the stairs, he gets in his car and drives..... right into the police car that was coming to arrest me. There's a huge gun battle, I kill about three cops, and the target, my wanted rating goes sky high, the helicopter comes out, police are everywhere.....I'm running for my life, wondering how the fuck I'm gonna get out of this.... then the autosave kicks in and clears my wanted level. It was great!

The girlfriend and I were playing freemode. We went to the gas station on the second island and I convinced her if she didnt stand in the center of the station the cars would disappear and she wouldnt see the awesome joke (yeah right). So I drove ten cars into the gas station surrounding her by them and asked if she was ready for the joke. when she said yes I tossed a grenade into the middle of the cars and ran like hell. The explosion from it was awesome and I got a kick out of it. She didnt really find it as funny.

• 2 weeks later...

The sheer enjoyment of spending ages befriending someone online while playing with your mates, everyone piling into a helicopter....... and then you and your mates diving out of the helicopter over the sea, and letting it plumment towards the coast. Or getting in a car with a group of strangers, and just holding onto a grenade, blowing you all to hell. Wonderful. I realise I'm an asshole, but I never realised how fun it was on this side of the joke.

There has been quite a few on Xbox Live

This really annoying squeeky kid who shouldn't of been playing the game and we were on cops and crooks. He went away for a minute and so we plotted by shooting the cop car and blowing it up with him inside, we all got in a different car and drove off and when he came back he didn't realize that we shot the car.

Another cool moment has been me and a mate where in two helicopters and we'd have a helicopter war trying to crash into each other...He beats me and i loose the back of the helicopter and i'm slowly plummiting to the sea in this half broken helicopter no way to fly it and he just keeps crashing into me and i didn't wanna jump out.

Oh another cool moment was screwing everyone over in a GTA Race by getting a bus and blocking the road so no one could finish the race and when someone went to try and move the bus you rob their good car and drive away lol always fun

• 4 weeks later...
Just something I totally didn't expect. I took a couple of dates to the Comedy Club, and one time I take a lady and as we walk in she says "Yeah, this guy's ok." And out walks Ricky Gervais! The actual Ricky Gervais! I checked the credits and it's him! Awesome.

Yeah, he'll also be doing stand-up on the TV in your apartment now and then when you watch it. There's a few others too, I think, but I don't know if they're real or fictional.