The "Holy Shit, That Was Cool" Thread

Krone

So, put a warning about if it pertains to a mission beforehand or not then put it in spoilers.

I was driving really fast and turned a corner only for me to hit a post and go flying over the bridge for a good five hundred feet and falling about two hundred feet to my death, it was really awesome.

**SPOILER CONTAINING A KILLING OF A CHARACTER**

The execution of Vlad is totally awesome. I loved it.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stole a car, and the bloke there didn't like it, so he grabbed onto the back door handle as I took off, and managed to hang on for about a hundred metres as I dragged him along.

Also, the physics of it when you get hit by a car is pretty damn cool.

When I got hit by a car for the first time and my head bounced off of another car, resulting in a large blood stain on said car, I flipped out.

Absolutely amazing graphics.

When you have to kill Jimmy and take his car, then wash it. As I went to wash it I noticed the huge blood stain on the front of his car from my shotgun blast. Amazing.

'Shadow' mission spoilers

So I'm following the drug dealer all quiet like when my phone rings. It's Roman, wanting to play pool, and the dude hears the phone ringing and scampers off. Not sure if that actually happens anyway, but it was still kinda cool.
Edited by Zaz

More of a realistic "that's neat" type moment, but I was driving with Roman to go get some drinks, and we got into a car crash which ended up making the car explode, and Roman busted out of the vehicle, on fire, and eventually died/passed out. After the game reloaded, I got a call alittle bit later from Roman, asking me if I could pick him up from the hospital.

That's pretty cool, I thought.

Guest R.Moncrief
'Shadow' mission spoilers

So I'm following the drug dealer all quiet like when my phone rings. It's Roman, wanting to play pool, and the dude hears the phone ringing and scampers off. Not sure if that actually happens anyway, but it was still kinda cool.

No, it only happened because he heard your cell go off. There's options to put the cell on vibrate or silent for these occasions. Also, if you don't know, you can turn the phone off effectively pausing the game's storyline allowing you uninterrupted free roam.

I didn't buy the hype for this game and really wasn't too interested in buying it. My brother got it though, and I watched him play for a bit. The first time he broke into a car, hot wired it and drove off, that amazed me and made me want to play.

The drunk driving is definately cool. But my big HOLY SHIT moment so far, was when a buddy of mine and myself were hanging out in free range mode. We each got a helicopter, and he tried to run his copter into mine. He got me, his blades shot of the copter and he started spiraling down, while I lost complete control of my copter and began going down too. I said screw it, jumped out of the copter. We were over top of the airport. I fell to my death, in a cool slow motion, crashed ontop of a landed plane, and flopped down onto the runway. Quite the sickening thud. What a way to go.

I stole a car, and the bloke there didn't like it, so he grabbed onto the back door handle as I took off, and managed to hang on for about a hundred metres as I dragged him along.

Heh, that happened to me too, except I got some speed up to try and shake him off, then inadvertantly smashed him off a lampost.

Might I just say that Little Jacob is amazing. Even if I can't understand him 100% of the time.

Minor spoiler below...

During "Jamaican Heat"

"Can I keep the window closed to keep the ganja in the car y'know."

Great line. Obviously, it's better when you hear it in his Jamaican accent. >_>

Heh, that happened to me too, except I got some speed up to try and shake him off, then inadvertantly smashed him off a lampost.

Hehe yeah same thing here but replace lamp post with oncoming truck :D

Oh and the first thing I did online was cops 'n crooks. So the boss guy and two other guys were pinned down by cops who kept shooting them, so I quickly stole a car, made my way to them, they jumped into the car while a police car missed them by an inch. We drove off, cops on our tails and they were shooting at us, we were shooting at them but I managed to get us to the getaway boat and we made our way to safety.

That made me realize that this is just the best multiplayer game ever and I played online till early in the morning!

Hehe yeah same thing here but replace lamp post with oncoming truck :D

Oh and the first thing I did online was cops 'n crooks. So the boss guy and two other guys were pinned down by cops who kept shooting them, so I quickly stole a car, made my way to them, they jumped into the car while a police car missed them by an inch. We drove off, cops on our tails and they were shooting at us, we were shooting at them but I managed to get us to the getaway boat and we made our way to safety.

That made me realize that this is just the best multiplayer game ever and I played online till early in the morning!

Just to add to the Cops 'n Crooks....it was a 3 on 2 match, first as the crooks I was the boss and driver and began to floor it. I hit a lamp post and I flip the vehicle....and the cops are near. So I hijack a pick up and let my underlings handle the cops....they die, and I make it to the boat. Yay!

Now, when we were cops, I was driving again and got to them as soon as I could. I thought they were hiding in a building or something....but apparently they had a close spawn to their exit....We get to where they are and the boss is in the helicopter so we start to blast away. Kill him, I steal the heli and crash it into the water before the match ends.