The "Holy Shit, That Was Cool" Thread

Krone

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a truly gutting moment on a random bit of driving with Roman. I'd managed to get a reasonable car, sporty jobby but not a Banshee, can't remember what that I'd been driving about for ages. Nicked it off two people near the bowling alley, but they chased me when I stopped to see if you can actually play mini golf (still don't actually know). I had a bout of fisticuffs with one, but then the other pulled a gun so I shot him. This was seen by a cop who started chasing me. I thought I'd got away running down the pier but he was still after me so I turned and shot him, thinking it would be far enough out that no one would notice. 3 stars instantly and helicopters. Make it back to my flash car, circle the park a few times and make it to the pay and spray. Yay!

So I take Roman to play darts and do a bit of a random meander over the big bridges to the top island, accidentally get chased by cops and lose them twice, find that bridge in construction with the two jumps, do that (with Gervais' radio spot on). Whip back towards Romans, going speedy over the bridge again, hit something, car stops and won't start. So after trying for a minute or so and getting sentimental I stop trying for a sec, then try again.

It starts! Drove a minute more, nudged something, sets on fire, get out, explodes. I could've cried, had that car about 20 minutes.

a little 'Ass as in' side mission #1 spoiler

First target, or rather targets, are a bunch of bikers. I decide to sneak up on then and toss a grenade into their little group. They all get blown to kingdom come and the little mission complete jingle plays. Just as it finishes one of the bikes explodes as a little end note to the piece, it was beautiful.

Aha, wow.

I was playing earlier and I hit a car. It musta been seriously fucked up, cos the minute I hit it, the car set alight. Then the guy inside gets out and he's on fire. He sorta just stands there for a second, the car still flaming. Then an ambulance comes along and a paramedic goes to help him. Then BOOOOOOOOOOM. The car just explodes. Sends the flaming guy flying against the bridge, and the paramedic gets caught in it and flies off somewhere and dies too.

In the airport on free mode I was messing around trying to do jumps on my motorbike, managed to jump on top of the circiling plane. Drove along the top for a second and then fell off.

Indeed, very stylish. If only I knew why you all kept jumping out of the helicopter. I only jumped twice, the other time whoever was piloting would crash it and I'd end up stuck on Happiness Island <_<

Just beat Hangman's NOOSE by transporting Petrovic from the airport to the extraction point using only a baggage cart

A bunch of my friends and random people were doing a Cannonball Run race, the one where you start at the airport. We are all running together in a huge group, running to get cars, when my friend runs us all over from behind in the baggage carrier. Amazing.