The "Holy Shit, That Was Cool" Thread

Krone

That's amazing.

Funnily enough though, I seem to remember being near there and crashing into that exact place yesterday, and nothing happened. Maybe I crashed into the wrong part, as I was obviously not looking for that to happen, but rather escape the clutches of some gung-ho bint online.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have to try this, easy flips achivement. :shifty:

You may have to do it a few times. I went and did this last night after watching Swing of Death videos on YouTube and sometimes it would launch me across the city, other times it was like a short-range slingshot or something where I'd just be thrown into a nearby barrier or whatever. Still fun though. Especially to see how bad it fucks your car up.

Awww, it didn't give me the achivement. :(

Still awesome though. I totally wrecked a car and it could only make right turns and went about 2mph.

Edited by King eLLis

I'm sorry but the best use of grenades is dropping one in multiplayer when near Fitzy. He shoots you and you start to hear "This one likes..." but then see "Ample Salty blasted Fitzy843".

Grenades period are awesome...like walking up to LL and Fitzy having a nice fist fight or ladder match, and I just ruin it by taking both of them out. Or doing that when someone is getting into a helicopter.

Pest Control spoilers

So, I went to whack Boccino and you know how Jimmy Peg arranges for them to stop at a gas station, right? Well, I stopped down the street from the station and whipped my grenades out with the intent of lobbing them at either a.) one of the cars or b.) one of the gas pumps but I didn't get that far because while I was lining up the throw for my grenade to make sure it hit the target a taxi hit me and caused me to drop the grenade. Instantly, Boccino's bodyguards started firing at me and the cabbie got out and started a fist fight with me while I was trying to run away from where the grenade dropped. He punched me and it stunned me and the next thing I know the grenade goes off and I got sent flying across the screen. It was great.

After that I just got some rockets and took care of them that way >_>. I just waited for them to go to the gas station the second time, fired a rocket at each car and then cleaned up the surviving bodyguards with my shotgun. :D

Pest Control spoilers

So, I went to whack Boccino and you know how Jimmy Peg arranges for them to stop at a gas station, right? Well, I stopped down the street from the station and whipped my grenades out with the intent of lobbing them at either a.) one of the cars or b.) one of the gas pumps but I didn't get that far because while I was lining up the throw for my grenade to make sure it hit the target a taxi hit me and caused me to drop the grenade. Instantly, Boccino's bodyguards started firing at me and the cabbie got out and started a fist fight with me while I was trying to run away from where the grenade dropped. He punched me and it stunned me and the next thing I know the grenade goes off and I got sent flying across the screen. It was great.

After that I just got some rockets and took care of them that way >_>. I just waited for them to go to the gas station the second time, fired a rocket at each car and then cleaned up the surviving bodyguards with my shotgun. :D

Pfft.....all I did was pull ahead of them, step out of the car and hit them both with rockets. Easiest mission of my GTA life.

Pest Control spoilers

Pfft.....all I did was pull ahead of them, step out of the car and hit them both with rockets. Easiest mission of my GTA life.

Totally, once they pulled up at that red light it was go time.

Finished a mission yesty and was on the 'drop your chum off' (as I believe its officially known) bit, right near where they were stopping but I slowed down to hear the end of their spiely bit. I stopped eventually, and a fat cop is randomly trying to arrest someone, who's completely ignoring him. The arrestee then wandered off up the street, while the cop panicked and ran behind my parked car pointing his gun. He then moved from car to car, got closer to the guy who still ignored him and wandered off again. I got sick of this inept policing and drove on...

so i tired out the car cannon today... must say it was quite funny when, instead of my car getting launched, i myself actually got launched THROUGH the front windshield and went flying for about two miles or so and landed in the water.... alive and intact...

In Out of Commission, when you're chasing Pegnorino. Right before you get to the bike where you have to chase him on the shoreline, a car pulls up with two of his goons. If you shoot at the car (maybe it's just the tires), the car will flip. I thought it pretty cool :shifty:

When i was round my mates, just wondering around, we got bored and went into the hospital. I blasted a shot into nowhere, then aimed at somebody sitting in a chair, now obviously the first shot must of caused panic, because as i went to take the shot, a surgeon ran in the line of fire, and i shot her straight through the air, and watched her collapse while still running, sliding into the wall, i thought it was awesome.

That and aiming the rocket launcher down and blowing myself out of the roof.

One of the assasin missions.

In the one where you have to take out a couple of guys heading for a chopper on the coast I decided to fly there in a helicopter of my own. Sadly I realised that their chopper had yet to take off, and I had to stop them from getting into it. In trying to make a panic stricken landing near the helipad I managed to sideswipe their chopper into the water, jump out of mine (which had landed on the helipad on its side), and gun down the fleeing bastards.

Florian's mission in the park (forgotten its title).

I just loved that whole mission really, the moped chase was really cool. The sheer number of people you run down is funny, and just the sight of Nico and the homophobe whizzing through the park on tiny scooters is fantastic. There were many times when I almost fell off the back while running over a passing jogger/aerobic man, and to finally see the target somersault off his bike in a shower of blood was satisfying in a "you bastard, you reduced my Serbian badass to a childlike race around the park, take that" kind of way.