Iron Man The Official Thread

Guest strongarm85

I think Don Cheadle could conceivably play the title role in a Rodney Dangerfield biopic... the man is just that good. As much as I enjoyed Howard in IM1, I have no problem with Cheadle taking over the role.

• 2 months later...
Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler) and Sam Rockwell (Frost/Nixon) are in talks to star as the villains in Marvel Studios' Iron Man 2, being directed by Jon Favreau from a script by Justin Theroux, according to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter.

THR says that Rourke would play a tattooed Russian heavy named Ivan who becomes a man with deadly, technologically enhanced coils. Variety adds that Rourke would play the Crimson Dynamo. "He's considered to be an evil version of Iron Man because he battles the superhero in a nuclear-powered suit of armor," says the trade.

Rockwell would play Justin Hammer, a multibillionaire businessman and a rival of industrialist Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, being played by a returning Robert Downey Jr.

Rourke and Rockwell would be joining a cast that also includes the returning Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle, who is replacing Terrence Howard.

Another part -- one for Stark's assistant Natasha -- is still open.

The project is eyeing a spring start in Manhattan Beach. Paramount will release the movie May 7, 2010.

Source: Comingsoon.net

Awesome, awesome stuff.

Not only the badassery that Rourke brings to the table but Sam Rockwell is an awesome actor. Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with the characters but movie-wise, it should be awesome.

I'm probably wrong, but is Rourke or Rockwell be playing Omega Red? Because that would outright be fucking awesome.

THR says that Rourke would play a tattooed Russian heavy named Ivan who becomes a man with deadly, technologically enhanced coils. Variety adds that Rourke would play the Crimson Dynamo. "He's considered to be an evil version of Iron Man because he battles the superhero in a nuclear-powered suit of armor," says the trade.

Rockwell would play Justin Hammer, a multibillionaire businessman and a rival of industrialist Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, being played by a returning Robert Downey Jr..

Uuuh, Black Widow anyone?

BlackWidow.jpg

I imagine she'll be revealed to be working for the villains, then turn face in time to join The Avengers.

I approve. (Y)

Uuuh, Black Widow anyone?

BlackWidow.jpg

I imagine she'll be revealed to be working for the villains, then turn face in time to join The Avengers.

I approve. (Y)

Either that, or she'll be given the Ultimate treatment and gets shot in the head.

They'd like a majority of the members to have movies, if not all of them before Avengers is released. The original plan was to have all of them have at least one singular movie before doing The Avengers but that's looking less and less likely.

But yeah, so far the only confirmed ones to be released before it will be Iron Man 2, Thor and The First Avenger: Captain America with Ant-Man being a strong possibility as only they just need to start casting.

And Spider-Man 4 may be coming out before it but they're not going to be using it as the rights to the movies are still held by Columbia Pictures and Paramount with Marvel are doing all of The Avenger movies.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Figured people would be interested in this but first pics of Scarlett Johannson as The Black Widow

Just her...

ewironman2new.jpg

Her, Downey and Rourke

ewironman2.jpg

Not a big fan of the comic series or anything so not sure exactly how well it relates to the actual character or whatever, but she looks hot. So there's that.

Edited by Livid Soprano

Having seen the pics, Johansson looks alright, but a comichead I'm acquaintances with brought up Emily Blunt...which honestly is a lot better choice. Still eh, Johansson won't suck if she puts her heart into it or whatever.