The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figures of £75 million plus Robinho are just to much to turn down for him to be honest. No player is bigger than the club and although he's obviously been phenomenal if he was to go it means players like Nani, Anderson and Park would have more time to shine. Plus I would also expect Rooney and Tevez to have even more important roles in the team without him there. I think United are in the lucky position where they can sell their star player and still not weaken the team due to the talent they have there to step up.

Edited by Sam

Man United have said they would rather stick him in the reserves for the rest of his 3-year deal than sell him to Real Madrid. Basically, I doubt they're gonna accept anything Real throw at them.

Whilst I find all of this Ronaldo talk very annoying (and will even more so every time Portugal play in Euro 2008) I very much doubt United would stick him in the reserves just in spite of not selling him to Madrid.

What we'd more likely get in the end is Ferguson basically saying that "If any player doesn't want to play for Manchester United, then he won't." Then cue the "No player is bigger than the club" statement, again.

I like that AD has about six different clubs >_>

Spurs are and will always be my number 1 club. I'm a fan of WBA because I've been to see them twice, my dad supports them and they were my 'local' team from where I used to live. I like Bristol City because I spent the last year in Bristol at university and grew attached to their push for promotion, although I wouldn't say I support them. Then I have a favourite in the other big leagues. Inter Milan have been my favourite Italian club since I started watching it in the mid-late 90s, I don't know why but I've always preferred Real Madrid out of the Spanish teams (no glory hunt, promise), Bayern Munich because my dad got me a Bayern Munich hat when he went to Germany (not much of a reason, but enough I says) and LA Galaxy because Landon Donovan is God.

So yeah, about seven :shifty: but only two I 'fully' support (Spurs & Inter), the rest are just preferences really.

Edited by AD

Seems the Dos Santos deal is 4.7m and then the possibility of it going up to 8.6m based on apperances.

Also Barca will get 20% of any transfer if Spurs sell him within 2 years, 10% after that.

Laugh at this if you want. Anyway, rumours going around many Villa forums is that Henry could be the big name player that will sign for Villa. Someone, who wanted to remain anonymous contacted a leading Villa forum owner, and said he will initially join on loan for 3m, with the option of signing next summer for 9m.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but who knows. They also said he's already met O'Neill and agreed terms, and is set to be announced after Euro 08.

Shola Ameobi is set to sign for Ipswich. Apparently, Ipswich have had a 3.5mill bid accepted and it's now all down to personal terms etc.

Personally, I don't think he'd be a bad signing but I've always found him hit or miss, but he's never exactly had regular first team football, maybe that's all he needs, at Championship level he's definitely good enough, despite not scoring for Stoke last year in three starts, but if we are going for promotion,I think he's the kind of player we need.

Nikolce Noveski, one of Velice Sumolikoski's friends is apparently being watched by Ipswich, he plays in the second tier of German football and I find it funny because he's someone I signed in my Ipswich FM08 game first year of promotion.

Pim Balkestein may beat Ameobi in being Ipswich's first signing this summer. The Heerenveen center back was on trial here for a month at the end of last season, so won't be a big shock, I haven't seen him play so can't really comment on it, I doubt he's going to be an instant starter but he's apparently a good prospect. Luuk Balkestein, his Father, who was capped by Holland, maybe appointed Cheif International Scout by Ipswich also.

Cardiff confirmed that they have turned down a seven figure bid by Town for center back, Roger Johnson.

On a different note, the Luke McCormick incident apparently happened when he was travelling back from Ipswich midfielder, David Norris' wedding, random I know but, oh well.

Shola Ameobi is set to sign for Ipswich. Apparently, Ipswich have had a 3.5mill bid accepted and it's now all down to personal terms etc.

Personally, I don't think he'd be a bad signing but I've always found him hit or miss, but he's never exactly had regular first team football, maybe that's all he needs, at Championship level he's definitely good enough, despite not scoring for Stoke last year in three starts, but if we are going for promotion,I think he's the kind of player we need.

Isn't £3.5 million a bit (or a lot) too much? No wonder teams go abroad for players when it costs £3m plus for players like Ameobi and Earnshaw.