The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd. We had bids for McCartney turned down and then he signed a new 4 year contract I believe. I mean, weirder things had happened but I'd assumed we'd given up our pursuit for him and turned to Michael Ball.

I was expecting a deadline day left back signing. Which looks like Collins place in the squad will be gone now, he's moved to the middle with Nosworthy but Ferdinand will probably replace him when he's fully fit. Then Chimbonda on the right. But Bardsley and Collins will no doubt still see some playing time, as Keane likes to rotate players and form seems to play a bit part in his team regardless of who the better player technically is.

Hopefully Paul McShane sees the barrels of a shotgun just before everything turns black, and that's one danger player dealt with in the best possible fashion.

SSN says Larrsson has said he's not going anywhere, Huntelaar has been spotted at Heathrow and George McCartney is off back to Sunderland from West Ham.

Interesting. Ajax released a statement only an hour ago saying the Hunter wasn't going anywhere.

From Sky Sports News

Mark Hughes has told Sky Sports News that Spurs have accepted Manchester City's shock bid for Dimitar Berbatov.

The Bulgaria international has been a target for Premier League champions Manchester United throughout the summer, but City have now stepped in with an audacious last-minute move.

City's offer for Berbatov is reported to be in excess of £30million and would set a new British transfer record.

Hughes revealed that a fee had been agreed with the North London club and he now plans to hold talks with the talented striker.

Berbatov has been left out of Juande Ramos' plans for the club's last two matches, with the coach feeling his presence was a disruptive influence on the rest of the squad.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admitted at the end of last week he was unsure if the deal would go through before Monday's midnight deadline.

But talks between the two clubs were believed to be ongoing as the clock ticked down.

However, City have now joined the race and are looking to hijack the move, having earlier sold Vedran Corluka to Spurs.

This day is getting weirder and fast for the Blue half of Manchester

WTF?! Why are West Ham selling their only left-back? I suppose Niell can play there...but still another first team player going and a replacement not being brought in.

Neill can play left back, as can Spector. And if we do sign Ferreria as the rumor says from a couple pages ago, then Neill would need to switch to left back anyways.

Of course we'd accept City over United. City offered the asking price, Manchester United did not.

I couldn't care less about Berbatov's morals (if he has any...) and it doesn't matter if he's in it for the money or not. He's worked himself up into a hissy funk about leaving Spurs for United and now City are the only club to offer the asking price he's kinda finding himself in a position where he has to leave.

Bwahahaha I love the fact that the sulky one will have ended up at Manchester City and that Man Utd were beaten out by their rivals for a player that they've been grooming to get upset at his club and to join theirs all summer. Heh, as close to entertaining Al Quaeda justice as possible. The 30mil will be nice.