Official EURO 2008 Thread

alldaws1

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did notice that defender down behind the goal, but assumed he wouldn't be deemed in the play because he was down "injured". But if that's what's officially in the rules, then they have to go by that I guess.

If it is deemed he was faking the injury to draw the offsides (lol Italy) then he can get penalized further because of it.

Edited by Kou

Everyone knew Ruud's goal was onside except the ITV commentators and Toni. Even my mum was going 'but look, that boy's lying down there, he's in front of the Dutch guy'.

Seriously, MY MUM has a better eye for football that ITV clowns. :(

Italy were simply outplayed, and didn't resort to cheating for a change.

WHOOO HOLLAND~!

I'm estatic, I'm just home, been cruising with two friends of mine, honking the horn yelling et al, to celebrate the win in Turks in Holland style (they tend to do that if Turkey/Fenerbaçe/Galatasaray wins).

Boulahrouz and Gio were on fire in the defence.

Fuck Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god that was amazing, beating Italy at their own game, can't remeber having such a good night while watching football in a long time!

Still, we got France and Romania next and that won't be easy. France got something to prove and Romania displayed that they can play defense really good.

Also it's nice to see that the polls of Guardian, Sun etc. showed the Brits will support us (ok we rigged them, but still :P)

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 3-0

Everyone knew Ruud's goal was onside except the ITV commentators and Toni. Even my mum was going 'but look, that boy's lying down there, he's in front of the Dutch guy'.

Nobody here seemed to catch it, not even Vic Rauter.

I didn't see him down until it was pointed out on Sportscentre tonight.

Nobody here seemed to catch it, not even Vic Rauter.

I didn't see him down until it was pointed out on Sportscentre tonight.

Really? It was hilarious when Craig Forrest got it explained to him and he still dismissed it as it shouldn't have been allowed. As a former goalkeeper I tend to keep an eye on the keeper more than most and I saw Buffon push Pannuci over after taking the shit option of punching it out to the box.

I was not aware at the time that the rules state that Panucci was still in play because of it so at first I thought it was offside but the rule was brought to my attention and I instantly thought the refs did a good job with that one.

Buffon really had one shit game in net.

Was Panucci actually off the field at the time? Or was he just on the edge?

EDIT: Ah, just watched it again and noticed where he is. I can understand both sides of the argument but I'd have let the goal stand too I think. Doesn't really matter anyway seeing as they scored two other goals without reply.

Edited by AD

Since the offside has been cleared up, I just though I'd mention the Gio goal. Though I'd give it to Gio, I can see what people are saying about own goal.....naturally, if it is on target and just deflected, no argument. But the defender hit it with his left leg (away from goal), only for it to then hit his other leg and go in.

However, it would be pretty harsh to take that one away from him.

With Holland being my favourite European team represented, I was really happy with the performance. And it couldn't have happened against a nicer team.