Summer songs

Regia

As the title says, what songs get you feeling all summery?

For me its anything by The Beach Boys, and for some reason 'Heartbeats' by Jose Gonzales, and for an even stranger reason 'Ike and Tina' by Jamie T.

I really enjoy metal more during the summer. Same with poppy/rappy stuff (Which I usually really hate). Like "Promiscuous Girl", I STILL love that song, but only during the spring/summer. There was also that Gwen Stefanie(sp?) song last summer(I think it was her, anyways). That was good.

80's metal is totally "BBQ and beer" summer.

80's metal is spring, autumn and winter for you too.

It's like the Magner's adverts.

Cherry Poppin Daddies

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Speedbuggy USA

Mad Caddies

The Slackers

Less Than Jake

Spring Heeled Jack

The Aggrolites

Chuck Berry

I concur with Dub Pistols and Jack Johnson.

Mad Caddies

Shit, I haven't thought about them in years.

Disgraceful. Every summer I get in the mood to listen to the caddies.

And Sublime are the quintesential summer band.

"Summer" music for me is normally chilled out, laid back acoustic stuff - especially the album "Naturaliste" by The Lucksmiths, which is also the ultimate album for driving long distances.

Upbeat summer music, though, I just discovered a band called Big Boss Man (honestly), and their track "Don't Tell My Missus" is the second most Summer-y song I've ever heard, the only thing better is "A Minha Menina" by The Bees - somehow they managed to make an Os Mutantes song even happier and more Summery, it's fantastic. The amount of money I used to plow into the jukebox in my old local for that song before it closed down....good times.

Its the really obvious stuff like 'Mr E's Beautiful Blues' etc for me. Loads of Weezer and Ash always get me summery.

I've been getting back into Weezer, or was majorly while it was still sunny in London, hadn't put one of their albums on in a good year or two before that point.

Beach Boys are good for the summer, Pet Sounds will spin again should the sun re-surface.