2008/2009 NBA Thread v2.0

jrtdot

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wouldn't need to do this if they hadn't given such awful contracts to their players. Nene is making like 10 million a year and is probably at most worth half of that.

It should help the Clippers, but I don't know if a guy like Camby who could start to play old soon is such a great use of their cap room. Than again I guess they want to win now, adding Davis and all.

So the Celtics are in danger of no repeating, after letting one of the key players of their Championship win, James Posey, sign with the Hornets. Apparently they weren't interested in offering him any more than a 3 year deal and he got a 4 year, $25 million deal from New Orleans.

As a Lakers fan, I like that Posey's on a different team but wish he had gone to an Eastern team because him being on the Hornets only makes them better.

I agree, it does sound like a WNBA team.

Did they have a few choices for people to vote on like the Bobcats did a few years ago? And if so, was that really the best name they could come up with?

Edited by punky

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=436421

HAHAHAHAH. So let's see, we've got the Wizards, Magic, Utah Jazz, and Thunder. I think the NBA is in the lead for worst-named franchises. Shame is, 3 of those used to be some of the best nicknames in sports (Baltimore/Washington Bullets, New Orleans Jazz, and Seattle SuperSonics).

EDIT - Though this does give us the opportunity to call their arena the Thunderdome.

Edited by damshow

My wife asked me what Oklahoma City was primarily known for...and other than having their federal building blown up, I was stuck. So, she suggested that Bombers would be a perfect basketball name.

It's highly wrong, but I chuckled.

My wife asked me what Oklahoma City was primarily known for...and other than having their federal building blown up, I was stuck. So, she suggested that Bombers would be a perfect basketball name.

It's highly wrong, but I chuckled.

I had to think about it for a second, but that made me laugh.

Kurt Thomas resigned with the Spurs

Sebastian Telfair resigned with the Timberwolves

no surprises there

New Jersey Nets shipped point guard Marcus Williams to Golden State in exchange for a future first round draft pick.

-well Golden State was short of PGs so im guessing that he'll be at least a backup in GS

Also the Nets got Keon Dooling who will back up for Devin Harris and Vince Carter

Edited by jrtdot