The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread

Adam

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So at the minute Cheltenham, Hereford, Crewe and now Northampton are going down with them down to Leeds, Brighton 0-0 with Stockport and Carlisle currently holding on 1-0.

The problem for Carlisle is they always concede in the last minute. So I don't think too many people are getting their hopes up too much this early.

Congratulations go to Scunthorpe, Carlisle, Brighton, Exeter, Wycombe & Shrewsbury today, they've all got what they wanted, be that survival, promotion of a play-off place.

Commiserations to Tranmere, Northampton, Crewe, Bury and Dag & Red.

I'm gutted for Northampton as I've always liked them, hopefully they'll come back up next season. I'm delighted for Carlisle, happy to see them stay up, and for Exeter for doing nearly as well as us with the back-to-back promotions from Conference to League One, hopefully they make the step up better than Hereford did this season.

All attention turns to the Championship now, tomorrow is a HUGE day for several clubs, yet completely meaningless for a lot of others.

Come on Sheffield United, I'm considering an away day to Sheffield if they come up, see if I can see a friend or two who are at university there. I'd quite like the play off team who come up to be someone different, like a Preston or something. Since we have Wolves and or Birmingham/Sheff Utd/Reading coming up for definite.

Congratulations go to Scunthorpeof a play-off place.

Commiserations to Tranmere,

All attention turns to the Championship now, tomorrow is a HUGE day for several clubs, yet completely meaningless for a lot of others.

I'm devastated to say the least my beloved tranmere were 1-0 with 3 minutes left when the referee sends off edds and from the resulting free-kick scumthorpe score, i want to see the incident on tv before i pass judgement at the referee, but after 46 long hard games to come down to a red card to deny us a play-off spot is heartbreaking to say the least

Try being relegated to the conference because the team you needed not to win had their goalkeeper score a goal in stoppage time, a goalkeeper who was on loan and quite frankly.. terrible. Then after going out of the football league shortly going bust and ceasing to exist.

Sure I mean I don't know many Scarborough fans but I bet they weren't best pleased. The whole point of missing out on something on the last day is that it's meant to be heartbreaking, that's what makes football... football. Just the way it goes, highs one week, lows the next week. Mostly lows for me though because I support Sunderland.. <_<

Try being relegated to the conference because the team you needed not to win had their goalkeeper score a goal in stoppage time, a goalkeeper who was on loan and quite frankly.. terrible. Then after going out of the football league shortly going bust and ceasing to exist.

Sure I mean I don't know many Scarborough fans but I bet they weren't best pleased. The whole point of missing out on something on the last day is that it's meant to be heartbreaking, that's what makes football... football. Just the way it goes, highs one week, lows the next week. Mostly lows for me though because I support Sunderland.. <_<

I could have sworn that was how Barnet got relegated in 2001, thanks to a goal keeper scoring for Carlisle in stoppage time.

Unless that happened to Scarborough too.

Nah Jimmy Glass was 1999. 10 seasons ago.

But Carlisle have survived on the last day about 6-7 times when it's been unlikely, all pretty much year after another but only once saved by a goalkeeper. Well... the guy who stood in between the posts, as I said he was pretty shit.

Was that when it was just one team who went down?

I have a question, because i don't believe I'm informed on the matter. Will the teams that have gone into admin all be given a 15 point deduction because of the CVA law? I doubt many teams are able to meet the criteria the CVA set out, so by the FAs rules they will get said penalty. Have I misunderstood this?

We might not get another deduction because our main creditor is our ex-chairman and not the Inland Revenue, making the chances of getting a CVA through more likely.

However, there's more chance of us folding completely to be perfectly honest.

Do you know why you've gone into admin, poorly managed or just lack of funding? I mean Luton went in because we had a large debt that one board decided that they didn't want so they put the club into admin to buy it back debt free. This was the worst thing anyone could have done, and we were dealt with accordingly. Fortunatly a new board made up of the supporters groups have taken over and we have a solid building block now, to fight to get back into the football league where we should be.

I really hope it doesn't come down to your club folding. I have heard rumours about other clubs coming close to going out of existance also, most notably Bournemouth. It is a worrying time for football clubs right now.

No-one's really sure of the exact reason our chairman put us into admin. The fans have been left in the dark, the chairman has been trying to spin some sob story but no-one is buying it, he's public enemy number one at the minute.

All we know is that he'd been bankrolling us for about 2 and a half years. We assumed it was using his own money, but it turns out he's been securing loans against the club to pay for it, and one of the companies he used went into administration, and it had a domino effect on us, so now in the space of his brief tenure we've gone from being run on an even keel to being £5m in debt, around £3m of which is the chairman's, who has now decided that his funding was a loan and not a gift.

And he's separated the club and the stadium into two separate entities, so if someone buys the club, they either have to pay him however much rent he wants, or buy the stadium off him for a no doubt extortionate price. The only serious bidder we've had is threatening to pull the plug because he and the chairman don't get on (the bidder was vice-chairman for a few months during the winter, but quit after being fed a pack of lies by the chairman).

Our manager's gone, soon to be followed by our entire squad, and there's no knight in shining armour in the horizon, I really don't see a way out of this mess other than folding and starting again down the pyramid. The real sickener is that without the 10 point deduction, we would be 6th, six points off automatic. And looking at our form before and after entering admin, it's very reasonable to suggest we would have got an extra six points in our games if we hadn't gone into admin, so to have promotion snatched away from us like this is sickening.