Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

I just want Newcastle and Tottenham to keep on crashing and burning as it is quite funny to see. Nothing beats watching Spurs at the minute especially the comedy fiasco that occurred against Stoke. Two red cards, loosing to Stoke and Gomes knocking Corluka out. Kinda feel sorry for Spurs fans and i feel sorry for me as i think past two years i've said oh i think Spurs can break into the Top 4. Holy cow they've signed Bentley, Modric, Dos Santos etc they've got a good chance at breaking into the top 4 but no.

Hull look like they'll be this years newly promoted team that does boss when they come up first season than next few seasons will do jack shit. Ala Wigan, Reading, Ipswich, Sunderland (When they had Phillips, Quinn etc)

Also I might buy Drogba's autobiography...not

I just want Newcastle and Tottenham to keep on crashing and burning as it is quite funny to see. Nothing beats watching Spurs at the minute especially the comedy fiasco that occurred against Stoke. Two red cards, loosing to Stoke and Gomes knocking Corluka out. Kinda feel sorry for Spurs fans and i feel sorry for me as i think past two years i've said oh i think Spurs can break into the Top 4. Holy cow they've signed Bentley, Modric, Dos Santos etc they've got a good chance at breaking into the top 4 but no.

Hull look like they'll be this years newly promoted team that does boss when they come up first season than next few seasons will do jack shit. Ala Wigan, Reading, Ipswich, Sunderland (When they had Phillips, Quinn etc)

Also I might buy Drogba's autobiography...not

To be fair, they got all their good players raided...

Instead of sitting joint top with Chelsea, Liverpool would be 14 points worse off if their matches had finished after 58 minutes. (The Times)

No real point to me quoting this, other than the image of Liverpool on 6 points entertains me.

Instead of sitting joint top with Chelsea, Liverpool would be 14 points worse off if their matches had finished after 58 minutes. (The Times)

No real point to me quoting this, other than the image of Liverpool on 6 points entertains me.

We'd have been absolutely fucked. 8 out our 11 goals this season have come after 80 minutes.

That was one of the more bullshit red cards I've ever seen.

Though I now have the answer to what you would call a improved Spurs, Newcastle United.

Shola with all the finishing finesse of a man who hadn't scored in two years, too.

Edited by Kou

What annoys me about these jokes is that they've been recycled so many times over the last 5 years. They're pretty much just [iNSERT TEAM HERE] and then look for a laugh, rather than being anything specifically to do with the team in question.

Most of them were ok/decent the one that i found really funny was the title

I met this really kinky girl last night. 'Humiliate me,' she said ... So I bought her a Tottenham shirt and

"What would an improved version of Spurs be called? Newcastle United."

class :D

The thing with us only having 6 points if games finished after 58minutes the silly thing is though with that is Games would never finish after 58 minutes so bit of a silly statistic lol means we got 22 minutes to score goals and win

Rumours of Billic being linked with the Spurs job and lets just be honest who would want the job at this minute in time lol. I'm suprised Ramos is still there i would of hightailed it away by now lol. The problem they have is A) They have no real midfielder to stay back there too many attacking players who seem to be in the team because they big players for them, B) Bent and Pav just can't score and are quite similar. The thing that bugs me about this is the fact that they said after they signed him they are too similar...If you scouted him properly you would of worked that out and maybe not of decided to splash out for him and finally C) They got no leader on the pitch. If Spurs get relegated that would just be the most funniest thing i've seen in football in a long long time and i thought the Newcastle crisis was funny when it first started off

What a stupid statistic, if it was 80 minutes, or even 60 minutes, I could take it fucking seriously.

If matches were 3.72 minutes long, Wigan would be top of the league. (Probably not, but the point still stands)

If all matches finished after two minutes we'd be comfortably sitting in mid table.

Still, clubs couldn't charge such high prices for tickets if that were the case.

Apparantly Ramos is after Scott Parker and Matthew Upson from West Ham in January. Amazingly I'm kinda interested by it. Upson's been involved in relegation battles before and is pretty tough. Parker's never lived up to his full potential though....He'll fit in well doen the Lane.