Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Spurs' comeback was so awesome I found myself shouting "YES! Get the fuck in" when I don't even particularly like Spurs.

Bwahahaha. The goal went in at about 7am here.

I think I woke my wife up with my hysterical scream :shifty:

EDIT: My new favourite BBC.com quote:

2201: "Spurs did nothing in that game except finish their four chances. Clichy slips and Eboue and Cesc don't have the sense to play for time. Feel physically sick. Far far worse than getting beat 5-1 last season. What were they thinking?"

Medieval-Evil on 606

Join the debate on 606

You've just written the greatest 606 sentence of all time. "Spurs did nothing in that game except finish their four chances." Think about what you've just said. Unbelievable.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

What a great finish to the game. No, we didn't deserve the win but we took full advantage of the opportunities we did have. Three 4-4 draws in two seasons, unbelievable. At least we seem to be playing better on attack. Our defence needs to be miles better than it was tonight, though, we're not going to be able to score four every single game to make up for it.

Reporter: "How well do you think Arsenal ladies would do against Tottenham?"

Cesc Fabregas: "I think they'd do well. They would at least get a point." :lol:

How much of a cunt must he feel like right now?

The men should have all been given a rest then shouldn't they. :pervert:

I am going to go into a corner and die. That was ridiculous. We should've killed that game. A one-in-a-million goal from Bentley, a mis-judgment from Almunia, a slip from Clichy and naivety from our players are all four goals. Ri-sodding-diculous.

Credit where credit is due, Tottenham never gave up. It was just one of those days where we played brilliantly for 99% of the time and strange things happen.

Well Arsenal's goals were similar (just not as classy) as Tottenham's - a keeper error, a defensive blunder, a weak weak weak freekick......

So it wasn't just Spurs who were lucky and it wasn't just Arsenal who played below par defensively.

The difference was that Arsenal got cocky, Spurs kept fighting.

Yeah, what was that about us being shat on? Changed your mind now, eh? :shifty:

Seriously though, I expect Liverpool to take full advantage of any defensive mistakes and I think we'd be lucky to get a draw. If Ledley King plays and the rest of the defense shows up we could give them a good game but I'm not expecting anything, a point at the most. I'd settle for that.

One thing I was wondering during the Arsenal game, why did Harry sub Bale off for Lennon? There was no sign of any injury to him, so why not slot him back to his natural LB position and chuck Assou-Ekotto on the bench? Maybe Benoit's a bit quicker than Bale which would come in handy against Walcott but Bale's the better overall defender.

Sort of strange post-match interview from Tony Adams on Sky. Saying 'it might work out, it think it might be all right - me and Portsmouth. I've got a funny feeling. It might not, who knows, but it might be all right.' Touch of the Sunderland-era Mick McCarthy there.