Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

You mean this Tosic guy? He's only actually moving in January though, isn't he?

Edit: What The General said.

And I suspect Man City are planning a sudden blitz during the window itself, rather than approaching clubs now who will then just say "Hmm, we'll think about it. We might think about it a little harder if you added £10m to that price..."

Edited by stokeriño

I think that under the rules of the FA the only way a player could technically move to a club not during a transfer window would be if they were without a contract or bought out their contract.

I think that in Spain there's a deadline for players to do this (four days or so into June) but other countries might have different deadline days (which could conveniently fall in the middle of October). I think the Premier League stops clubs from signing players who've bought out their contracts after a certain date.

I think that under the rules of the FA the only way a player could technically move to a club not during a transfer window would be if they were without a contract or bought out their contract.

I think that in Spain there's a deadline for players to do this (four days or so into June) but other countries might have different deadline days (which could conveniently fall in the middle of October). I think the Premier League stops clubs from signing players who've bought out their contracts after a certain date.

That was Thursday. :)

I think he's aiming for a full length Saruman beard by the end of the season. Well, we can only hope.

I hope he can at least get Sunderland's act together, as I look out for the North East clubs. Losing 4 out of the last 5 is poor, especially when West Ham (home), Bolton (home), Stoke (away) are all games they should be looking at winning. I'd like to think it doesn't have anything to do with his lingering contract talks cause it's a shoddy excuse.

Unsurprisingly the Spurs/Everton game isn't on TV over here because of the Manchester derby and Chelsea/Arsenal taking up the two football channels. Grawr.

Anyway, it was interesting to read the bbc website to find out the Spurs vs Everton stats...

These Premier League ever-presents have lost more games in this league than any other clubs (Spurs 239, Everton 247) and conceded more goals (Spurs 867, Everton 830).

Everton took 15 attempts to gain their first Premier League victory at White Hart Lane; now they're aiming to complete a hat-trick of successive top-flight wins on Tottenham turf.

Tottenham have gained more victories (17), scored more goals (51) and secured more points (62) against Everton than any other club in the Premier League.

Home and away

League (inc PL): Spurs 53 wins, Everton 45, Draws 44

Prem: Spurs 17 wins, Everton 4, Draws 11

at Spurs only

League (inc PL): Spurs 36 wins, Everton 15, Draws 20

Prem: Spurs 10 wins, Everton 2, Draws 4

Dean Windass is brilliant. Booked for warming up because he spent his entire warm-up blocking off Rory Delap from taking his throw-ins. Quality.

That is wonderful :blush:

The best thing was when the keeper was under pressure, with the ball, in his own box. You could see him as he went to kick it out for a Stoke throw, then realised that would mean facing a Delap throw, so he dribbled around while he thought about what to do, while avoiding being tackled, and eventually punted it out for a corner.

So the bbc website won't stream it and our radio can't pick up fivelive, anyone know where i can listen online? I do apologise cus I'm sure I saw this asked around here not too long ago but after a quick browse I can't find anything.

Nvm it seems to be working now, cmon United.

Edited by ravenjuice