Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Show me the overreaction please ?

There's a difference between beling linked and having Florentino Perez come out and say that he's making Wenger's signing the cornerstone of his election campaign. Two completely different levels there.

Do Madrid presidents ever do the "cornerstone of their election campaigns"?

Apparently Blackburn are interested in bringing in Eidur Gudjohnsen from Barcelona for two million, which would be rather awesome for me, as I've always been a fan of his. I doubt it'll happen though.

That'd be awesome. I think he'd fit in perfectly at Blackburn actually, he just comes across as their type of player. He may be getting on now, but he's still a damn good player.

Apparently Blackburn are interested in bringing in Eidur Gudjohnsen from Barcelona for two million, which would be rather awesome for me, as I've always been a fan of his. I doubt it'll happen though.

That'd be awesome. I think he'd fit in perfectly at Blackburn actually, he just comes across as their type of player. He may be getting on now, but he's still a damn good player.

He's only just gone 30, he'd be a great addition to any premier league side. Apparently he isn't going to Blackburn though according to the clockwatch on Sky Sports.

Show me the overreaction please ?

There's a difference between beling linked and having Florentino Perez come out and say that he's making Wenger's signing the cornerstone of his election campaign. Two completely different levels there.

Fabregas was the cornerstone of the last Real Madrid president's election campaign - and Wenger was another key signing.

Fabregas, Kaka, Ronaldo, Wenger, Benitez. There's a long list of people who were guaranteed to sign by candidates in the last election that didn't.

Having two managers is just greedy. <_<

More than one candidate? You can't get yourself elected by promising to bring in the same guy as your rivals.